Wanna take me to a party?: Chapter 19

I picked up my phone. I dialed Chris' number.

"Hello?." He questioned.

"Oh Hey it's Avery...." I said nervously.

"Is everything okay baby girl?" He said laughing.

I rolled my eyes.

"ha, yeah. Mike just invited me to a party, and I was just wondering if you would want to go with me. and I dont have a ride..." I said.

"Sure, Its not my first pick for a date.." He said still laughing

"I wish I could slap you right now,haha." I said. "Oh and it's and Cassie's house. Sure you know where that is...." I mumbled.

"Ave... It wasn't like tha-" He said.

"Yeah I know I know. I get myself irritated with random thoughts. my bad." I said trying to laugh it off. But I'm pretty sure he didn't buy that one.

"I'll pick you up outside in a few minutes, okay? and Don't worry yourself so much. Im yours you know." He said and hung up.

I dropped my phone out of shock.

Uh. I don't know if he was just playing with me or. uhm. What the hell Chris?!

"Ugh, Avery get yourself together. This cant happen. You HAVE to protect yourself." My Mind Is Just Watching Out for Me. I Know. But Chris, He's Different Than Everyone Else..  "NO! Stop it. The secret is ours and ONLY ours. I'll never forgive you if-" Okay! I get it. I keep yelling at myself for minutes.

I snap out of it. I need to get ready. I still had the smell of deer blood around the corners of my mouth. I washed my face and brushed my hair, still having tree branches in it and leaves. I put on my eyeliner and  some chapstick. I ran to my closet picking out a white nirvana crop- top with sleeves and black shorts. I hurried and put my converse on. I looked down and made sure I had my necklace on. It was a cross. I worn it ever since I was 5...

I looked out my window seeing car lights outside. I ran to the front door trying not to wake my mother up. "Avery." My mom says scaring the shit out of me. "Uh Hi mom..." I said. "Don't get pregnant." She said smiling and giving me a hug. I laughed. "I won't. Love you Ma." I said and walked out. She waved at Chris and he waved back. "I'll be sure to take care of her, I promise." He yelled out to my mom when he got out and opened the passengers seat for me. My mother smiled. she was impressed, and so was I.