Couldn't Help it: Chapter 23

I ran upstairs. Not crying. I noticed that my nirvana shirt was tucked in my shorts. I hurried and put it back on. When the hell did I take that off..? Ugh, I swear I'm hallucinating. "Ew, who invited you here?!" A familiar - bitchy voice said behind me as I turned around the hallway. Cassie. of course.

"Mike invited me, actually. And I came with Chris." I said. "This is my house and your not welcome here. You should most definitely stay away from Chris. He still wants me, and he wouldn't want to be with an ugly thing like you." She said smirking. "What is your problem?! I yelled. I attracted a crowd at the lower half of the steps. Chris wasn't there, thankfully. 

"You. You think you can move here and mess everything up. And take Chris, he doesn't want you!" She yelled. "OH AND HE WANTS YOU?! THAT'S WHY HE BROKE UP WITH YOU THEN?!" I yelled. She looked at me in shock. The crowd got quiet. She grabbed a red cup from a table in the hall and threw the drink at me. My shirt was soaking wet. My black sports-bra was now visible. I threw my shirt off. There wasn't really any point in wearing it since I had it off earlier not realizing it.

"NO ONE WANTS YOU. YOUR SO PATHETIC!" She said. The words repeated, over and over.

All my anger inside of me just let go. And at that moment I punched her. Accidentally using my super natural strength. I couldn't help it. I think I knocked her out but oh fucking well.

Hot tears running down my face as I ran down the steps. Chris was there. He heard everything. I stopped for a second to see him looking at me in shock. I ran out through the door. "AVERY!" He yelled grabbing my hand. He was strong so he stopped me. I cluched his shirt. He said nothing, but hugged me. I fell asleep in his arms and he set me in the car and started driving.