Imperfect: Chapter 42

I was unsure of the situation at this moment. My head was in a blur. The dreams, and the voices seemed to be my burden, but what if they were Chris' too? Or is it just something else? Maybe there is something wrong with me, and I'd be okay with that.

But if it's Chris that has this too, I'd be broken. The idea of him suffering of what I go through on a daily basis isn't okay at all. So I have to ask. I have to make sure.

"Chris..." I said still sitting on his lap looking up at him from his chest. "Huh?" He asked. What do you mean by voices?" I ask. There is a moment of silence. Evidently, he doesn't want to tell me, but he needs to know that I won't judge him. I'm the broken one here. "Nothing." He said. "Baby don't act like this. You can tell me anything, that's why I'm here." I said. "You're going to think I'm insane." He said.

"Try me."

"The voices. They come often. Everyday, even. Their loud, and control my mind. At nights, they get to enjoy my mind by taking over and adding images. The nightmares. They don't stop. I hurt people in them. And the voices want me too. I try to ignore them. There's something wrong with me." He says rubbing his face.

"Chris don't think that!" I said taking my hands and forcing him to look at me. "Chris... the voices are with me too; it's okay." I say. His eyes travel from the floor and meet to mine. "You have the nightmares too?" He says. "Yeah." I smile.

"Don't you ever think somethings wrong with you. I think your perfect. And yet if you still have them thoughts then we'll be imperfect together. Cause I know I was the depressed one for a while before being a cold - hearted bitch." I said. "Yeah, and I did it for us." He said smiling. " I couldn't see you like that anymore." He said.

"Then please, be strong for me. We can do this together. The voices mean nothing." I said. "Yet mine tells me its sending me a message..." He says. "Mine does too. I just ignore it. It's always wrong. I make my own decisions." I say smiling. He laughs. "Were okay. And That's all that matters. I got it." He says kissing me.

"DINNERS READY KIDS!" My mother yells. Chris smiles at me and we walk to the kitchen.