Høme:Chapter 2

Summer of 2014; My mother and I have just moved into New Orleans to start over after my parents divorce. My mother was so distant with me when we lived with my father; but my younger sister Layla was always her favorite. She's eleven. My mom started being distant towards me when she found out my father wasn't being loyal, now to remind you, he's my stepfather, that's probably why I never cared about the divorcement because I hated him, I still do. He tried replacing my father (last time I saw him I was ten) and for that I can never forgive him. Anyways my mom thought it was my fault dad wasn't being committed so she held a grudge - towards me. Then two months later my father divorced her and took custody of Layla. Yes, my sister and I have been separated and it has been four years since I last saw her and she was eight. Layla was the best thing that ever happened to me and I've prayed every night that I can see her one more time.

My mom has actually been wonderful since we moved here. The only thing I hate is how we have to move me to a new school, East High. I've never had any actual friends. Well, maybe once but she died from drowning. To this day I've been afraid of the water and have panic attacks even from looking at pools. Enough about school, you should know more about me.

My name is Avery. Avery Nicole Dale. I'm fifteen years old. Add one hundred to that and you'll figure out who I am. But your not ready for that information yet so lets move on.