Chapter 4- Down for the Count

"None of this would have happened if he'd kept it in his pants."

"We reek of sex." Cole murmured the words, looking as pale as the snow caps on the mountains in the far north.

"He's going to kill us. All three of us." Kade shook his head while Alice simply shook her long blonde hair free of the ponytail she had swept it up into earlier and laughed. Both men looked at each other, their expressions worried. They knew what it really sounded like when Alice laughed and it wasn't this. This sound was devoid of any mirth.

"I won't let him hurt you two. This is between him and me. I'll make sure he promises you two won't be punished. And then I'm leaving." Her voice was firm and Kade and Cole looked at each other, their thoughts passing back and forth over the mind link. 

They both knew why Alpha Cadman was so desperate to keep her. She was a true Luna. And those were few and far between in the wolf world. The problem was, Luna Alice didn't belong to him. Which begged the question: who did she belong to? She had to have a mate out there somewhere and he had to be an Alpha.

"You wanted to smell like sex?" Kade spoke suddenly when they were only a minute from the packhouse and both of the huge, dominant men saw a small smile curve the corners of her lips. It was the first true smile they'd seen since they found her.

"You wanted to hurt him." Cole had a look of dawning realization spread across his features.

"And what would hurt him more than fucking his two best friends. And then walking into an important inter-pack meeting smelling like we just went at it like bunnies in the forest? No offense though. I mean if I was going to sleep with anyone in this pack, even if you weren't his bffs, it would have been you two. And you're my friends. I like you. And besides, you're hot pieces of ass. What can I say? But he deserved it. Now. Let's get this done, so I can get out of here. I should have left this place the day I turned eighteen."

With a sigh she turned to the front doors of the pack house and tugged them open. She could feel the fear radiating off of the two males behind her as they followed on either side of her, one step behind her. She was fairly certain that she had managed to pull herself together, reasonably well. Her makeup wasn't too much of a loss. The mascara she was wearing was fantastically waterproof and she'd only been wearing minimal makeup as it was. She'd brushed the visible dust from her dress. And the scent that was swirling around her? Well that was the whole point.

Even though a long hallway separated their group from the banquet room, she could hear the murmur of the many voices that were contained inside the massive space. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear she hurried down the hall, to a side entrance that would be less intrusive. She took a deep, calming breath, closing her eyes for a moment while she heard the two males behind her shifting impatiently, before grasping the door handle and opening the door as quietly as she could.

"Finally. It's about time." She heard Lane mutter, as she slipped in through the door, Cole and Kade coming in behind her. They had both pulled on the slacks and button up shirts outside at lightening speed. They were the same clothes that they'd apparently discarded earlier before they'd left looking for her, so at least they were wearing more than just shorts that had been stashed somewhere near the training grounds for wolves who had shifted and needed a change of clothes.

The room was even more crowded than she had expected it to be. It seemed that just about every member of their pack had come to welcome the visitors from the Obsidian Moon pack. Most of the pack was seated at smaller, round tables that held around eight pack members, while there were several long banquet tables at the front of the room for their guests and the members of high ranking family's of their own pack.