Chapter 12- I Need You

Alice obeyed instantly, without question, knowing already that the hardest part of this night would be not going too far.

But it wasn't as if either of them had a choice. The council controlled werewolves everywhere but especially in the Americas, where the King and Queen had made their home in Alaska. 

Defying them wasn't an option. They didn't have a direct order placed on them, at least not yet, so physically it was possible that they could exercise their own free will, but doing so would very likely carry a heavy penalty especially for an Alpha, and Alice had no wish to put Fin in that position.

It was only a matter of moments before Alice stood before her mate, wearing nothing at all. He walked around her, his eyes taking her in, the hint of a smile that she'd seen earlier, just barely hiding at the corners of his lips, when she'd asked him for a massage, now blooming into a full smile.

"I've never seen anything more perfect in all my life. You are beautiful. And I am the luckiest man alive." He stopped in front of her and cupped her face in both his hands, his nose briefly brushing against her hair as he breathed in deeply. Her scent was intoxicating and for a moment his head spun as he wondered what he had done in this life to deserve a mate so perfect.

"What if someone comes in?" Alice's eyes, which had been every bit as focused on him as he was on her, flickered to the door for a moment, but as his thumb brushed lightly over her lower lip, he recaptured her attention.

"If anyone dares threaten this moment- dares threaten you- I'll rip them apart. Limb by limb."

Alice rolled her eyes and reached up, catching his hands in hers as she tugged him the few steps back towards the bed.

"That seems a bit extreme, even in this situation. I thought that we were trying to avoid a war here, between these two packs." Turning her back to him she crawled forward onto her stomach, casting one glance over her shoulder as if to make sure that she still had his attention. She saw him adjust himself before she turned away and grabbed a pillow, rolling it over once and positioning it under her chest and shoulders so that she could talk to him easily while he gave her the massage that had proposed.

"If we weren't required to go slowly, tonight, would you still want to wait?"

Alice pressed her face against the pillow that she had grabbed and smiled at his question. She had known the man for all of six hours, maybe eight at the most, and she was laying before him, entirely naked, face down on a bed, having already given up everything that she'd ever known to go away with him. She wasn't quite sure she would call that "going slowly" by any stretch of the imagination. But she knew what he meant.

The vast majority of mated wolves went off to fuck, or make love, whatever you wanted to call it, as soon as they found each other. Since most mates were around the same age, or at least within four years of each other, and since they were usually in the same pack, chances were that they already knew each other, and even if they weren't friends, it was likely they'd gone to high school at the same time. 

So Alice and Fin's situation was unusual in more than one way and the fact that they not only hadn't they gone off to find a place to be alone upon finding one another, but that they also weren't going to complete their bond that first night, was extremely unusual.

He began massaging her calf, which surprised Alice. She'd expected him to straddle her and begin at her shoulders, but instead he stayed down at the end of the bed to start, laying one of her feet across his lap as his strong fingers began to knead into the tense muscles of her lower leg. He slowly worked his way higher and higher up her left leg.