Chapter 13- Who Needs Sleep?

Alice couldn't sleep. A few times she managed to doze, but it was only for short periods of time and then she would jerk awake, startled to find that the events of the past twenty-four hours were real. A small part of her was relieved to find that it was more than a dream. She had found her mate. That was thrilling and wonderful.

But the other part? The part where the aftermath of that discovery came rushing back to into her and mind she remembered that they would face the counsel and an uncertain future in the morning? That was a nightmare that she had never expected.

Once you found your mate you were supposed to live happily ever after. Maybe you didn't get to be a princess, but at least you found your Prince Charming. Sort of. In werewolf form. At the very least he had literally been created for you by a Goddess. It didn't get much better than that.

The eighth time that Alice woke she grabbed her phone off the nightstand and stumbled silently to the bathroom. Splashing water on her face, she ran her hands through her hair and checked the time. It was only two thirty. 

Fin had told her before they drifted off to sleep that he was setting his alarm to go off at three so that he could leave well before morning. Reaching for her toothbrush, she began to scrub her teeth as she stared at her reflection in the mirror.

What if this, right now, was all the time that they were given? They really should make the most of it, shouldn't they? And last night he had insisted was to be all about her, but technically midnight had come and gone, and it was a new day. She wanted to make him feel every bit as good as he had made her feel before they were forced to go their separate ways and go before the Council.

Putting the toothbrush back in place she checked over her reflection again, pushing a strand of hair back behind her ear, before heading back to the bed. Fin's steady breathing had let her know that he was still asleep when she had left his side, but as she slipped into bed next to him she heard his breathing change and he reached out for her, tucking her snuggly against his chiseled body.

Snuggling closer to him she nuzzled his ear, nipping his earlobe lightly. The light hiss he let out let her know that he was now awake and the tightening of his thick arm that was wrapped around her told her that she had his complete and total attention.

"Careful Baby." She could barely hear the words he murmured, even though they were extremely close. "You have no idea how bad I want to mark you right now."

"Maybe I shouldn't be up so high then." Alice brushed her lips quickly past his, managing not to gasp at the electricity that passed between them, before skimming her way lower and lower down his body, her lips brushing against his skin now and then as she moved along. He smelled like the best parts of the forest, rain and cedar, mixed with his own intoxicating scent, and she felt as if she couldn't breathe enough of him in.

"Alice." He gasped out her name, his hands going down to tangle in the tousled golden strands of her hair. "You don't have to do this."

"I know." She reached the line of his boxes and hooked her fingers under the edge as she looked up at him with a smirk. "I want to. Now. These need to come off." The bulge beneath the thin cotton fabric was already obvious, but she couldn't wait to actually see him and feel him. Even the idea had heat and wetness pooling between her legs all over again.

Fin lifted his hips, allowing her to slip down his boxer briefs to his knees, and Alice couldn't help but grin as his huge cock sprang free. She vaguely noticed when he kicked his underwear the rest of the way off, but already she had wrapped her hands around the thick base as she parted her lips and met his eyes again, flicking her tongue across the very sensitive place on the front of his cock, just below the head. Then she in just the tip, wondering how on earth she was going to do this.