Chapter 15- Places to Go

"Up and at 'em Princess." Kate jumped on the end of the bed as she squealed the words, clearly far too awake for whatever ridiculous hour she had chosen to wake Alice at.

"You are my best friend, but sometimes I don't know how that is possible, because I cannot stand morning people." Alice rolled over and pressed a pillow over her head to block out the sunlight, which she now realized had filled the entire bedroom, despite the best efforts of the curtains. That meant that it definitely wasn't as early as she had hoped. She felt as if she'd just closed her eyes a few minutes earlier and here Kate was ready to drag her out of bed.

"Well, you showered yesterday at the hotel, but you still smell like sex." Kate wrinkled her button nose and made a face before moving towards the window on the backside of the cabin and cracking it. "We need to air this place out before anyone else comes in here. "Were you guys good at least? No rules broken?" Kate wiggled her eyebrows and Alice shook her head as she managed to roll to the side of the bed and sit up.

"Barely. It was a close call though. You're knock on the door saved us from doing something we may or may not have seriously regretted right around now." Alice's hand rose to her neck and she touched the place where she had marked him not that many hours earlier.

"Wait." Kate didn't miss anything and she certainly didn't miss the gesture that her friend has just made. She practically flew across the room after opening a second window and turning on the ceiling fan. "Tell me he didn't mark you."

"Oh I can tell you that. He didn't mark me." She stressed the he and me part and after a moment Kate's curious hazel eyes widened a second time.

"Oh my Goddess. No. I mean that's better than him marking you. But you did? I've never even heard of that happening ever. The female marking the male first and then being unmarked for a time?" Kate's hands flew up to cover her mouth and she practically trembled with excitement.

"It's not that big a deal."

"It's a huge deal. He's an Alpha. He's your mate. And he let you mark him first. And not like a minute before. But like a day before. At least. We don't even know if the Council is going to say you can mark him. This is insanely romantic. What if they forbid it. He'll still have your mark. That means he's bound to you for life now."

"We're mates. We're bound for life anyways."

"But without the mark he might have had a chance at surviving rejection."

The moment Kate said the word rejection Alice began to shake her head back and forth. After last night there was no way in Hell she would ever reject him. Ever. She couldn't imagine saying the word "love" after less than a day of knowing the man, but it was hard to think of anything else to call it. Certainly it was, in part, infatuation, and lust too, but it was more than that. The bond that the Goddess put in place between mates was strong and solid. It was made to last a lifetime.

"I would never reject him." Alice said firmly.

"I know you wouldn't, Kate reached out and placed a hand on her friend's arm. They were sitting side by side on the bed now. "But what if my father manages to do something terrible? What if he somehow convinces the Council that you're his? What if they force a rejection? What would happen to Fin then? Because now, with your mark, if he's rejected, he dies."

"I'd run away." There were tears in her eyes as she whispered the words before finally looking up and meeting her friend's steady gaze. "And you would help me."

"And he would give up everything for you?" Kate had closed her eyes and was shaking her head, but she answered own question before she even opened them again. "Of course he would. It's not even a question. You're his mate. His true mate. His Luna. And he's not a selfish Son-of-a-Bitch like my father."