Chapter 58: Another Beast?

A/N- Things have been hectic here so I'm posting three chapters this week (this is the third) to make up for not posting regularly the last couple weeks. 

Alice blinked twice, trying to clear her vision. Her head ached. Everything was too bright.

"Get up. Get up."

"No." She moaned the word, or tried too, but her lips didn't want to move. All she really wanted to do was go back to sleep, but that didn't seem to be an option, or at least it wasn't according to the voice. So annoying. Had she had too much to drink last night? Or had she been hit by an eighteen wheeler? That was what her body felt like.

"Now, Alice. We don't have time for this." She moaned again and this time she managed to make a sound. Where was she? And why had she fallen asleep sitting up?

Something crashed nearby, followed by a howl of pain, and she forced her eyes to open wide. Pain sliced through her head. The everyday light levels in the room felt like an assault on her eyeballs. And then an enormous body flew past her, and while she didn't recognize the overly muscular form, the blond hair on top of the man's head was very familiar. If he wasn't moving so fast, as he and the other Beast battled, she might have gotten a good look at him, and had an idea of who it was.

"The other Beast." Alice whispered the words to herself, shaking her head before immediately realizing that that was a huge mistake. Any head movement needed to be avoided. Lifting her hand up she touched the back of her head and felt winced. Not only did it hurt, but her fingers came away wet.

Bringing her hand around, she saw the crimson red blood dripping from her fingertips and just like that the memories of what had happened before began to surge back into her mind. She'd stabbed Lane, and then slashed him, and then he'd thrown her against the wall.

"Why the Hell am I still alive?" She whispered the words out loud as she watched Lane and the man she'd dubbed "Beast Number Two" smash into each other over and over again, like some sort of clash of the titans.

"Because you, Dear Alice, are special to me. You have much to do and you haven't done any of it."

That voice again.

"How hard did I hit my head?" She fixed her focus on her wolf who responded with a definite negative. It wasn't her, but she acted put out, as if she couldn't believe her human half didn't recognize who was addressing them. "Voices in your head aren't usually a good thing. And crap, now I'm talking back to it. Her. Whatever." Alice would have rolled her eyes but that also felt like a bad idea in her current condition.

"The Beast is paranoid. Even more so than your Alpha Cadman."

"Not mine. He's definitely not mine." She managed to reply to the voice in her head this time, saying nothing out loud. Things were not going well for the blond Beast, who she had decided to root for. She figured her chances of surviving were slim either way, but she would take the unknown over absolute, certain death.

Did the voice just laugh? And did the laughter sound like bells? Was she hallucinating now?

"The point, Alice. There's a desk to your right. Just behind the drawers there's a sabre he keeps stashed there. It has a silver blade. This room is filled with weapons with silver blades. Cadman's paranoia of being betrayed by another werewolf is extreme. We're going to use one of his own weapons against him."

"No one knows how to kill a Beast. Even Dani said it last night on the way here. She said the general had been talking about bringing in special weapons. What would a sabre do?"

"Even a beast needs it's head to live, doesn't it Alice?" Alice caught her breath.

The blonde beast was looking weaker. He wouldn't last long. She inched towards the desk and took a deep breath. If the sabre was there then she would know that the voice in her head was-