Chapter 12

The sun rose as usual but today it had bought quite a memory. Avy laid on her hospital bed. Admiring her handcuff. The same handcuff which her mate had used to restrain her from leaving her room.

Having her heat was not easy to deal with let alone if the Luna is on heat. The urge to mate heightens during this time and becomes irresistible that wolves give in to the urge.

The same could have happened to her if her mate had not left. She thought she had everything under control but who can go against the will of nature.

She drifted off to her memory of last night. She went through heat like all wolf female. Her wolf was on surfacing as she tried to hold her back but having her mate so close to her made it rather impossible. She was joyous of the fact that her second heat was with her mate not in the held hostage in Tucker's isolated cell where she had to go through heat alone. She no longer had to imagine how her mates lips would have felt on her lips, how his canines would have extended to mark her and them completing the mating process.

All this would have happened if Zander hadn't cuffed her and left. She has felt his wolf surfacing and felt his sincerity when he kissed her like there was no tomorrow. She had also felt his canines extending yet small things bothered her.

How was he able to resist her, their mate-bond and why had he not returned after cuffing her to the bed. Did he mark and mate someone else. That was a possibility of resisting the urge. But no wolf has ever resisted the urge as far as she had heard.

Millions of possibilities ran through her mind that she failed to acknowledge Brittany's presences.

It was early morning as Brittany kissed her mate and headed to meet her Luna. She was aware of what had happened the night before. 

She was waiting a few steps away from her room that night.

Waiting.

Waiting for one command to distance herself from her mate. She was well aware of the alphas power.

Her experience with many Alphas had taught her how to avoid her death by them but this alpha was beyond the ones she came across in the past. He would seem calm and peaceful, but he possess a dangerous aura. One that shows dominance, cruelty but processive and protective aura all in one.

All the alpha she had came across never had this kind of mixed aura. They were either cruel, dominate or docile but never the all four quality in them. This was quite a challenge for her and her wolf.

Being a rouge for all her life till now she had an excellent way of sensing the area each wolf posses.

Be it the rouge or a pack wolf, a high ranked wolf or omega.

This are her instinct of survival and avoiding unnecessary hustle with pack wolves.

She was deep in her thoughts when the door of Avy's room was slammed open and alpha Zander existed. Avy was yelling his name as he shut the door behind him. His eyes were changing colour, it was clear his wolf was surfacing.

"Hold me" he commanded at her and Eric using his Alpha tone. Brittany was well aware of the power he was radiating. She and Eric had grab a hold of Zander as he growled. His canines extending and his eyes glowing dangerously. It was tough to hold him back but still the beta couple tried their best. They heard bones breaking as anger radiated.

Before anyone could think of anything Tylor entered the scene he did not waste anytime before injecting Zander with a syringe. As the content emptied in him Zander started to lose his strength and fall into unconsciousness.

"What the hell Tylor?" Eric asked as he held on to his Alpha. He was throwing daggers at him. Tucker himself looked equally petrified. He did leave after Zander entered the room saying he had some duties to attend to.