Chapter 25

ZANDER'S POV

"Avy" I called her as she clutched on to that piece of paper aggressively.

She still didn't look at me which made Zane wail in pain.

"Avy" I tried again. This time her head lifted up to see me blankly.

"We need to talk" I needed answers about all this now.

Getting my cue the others left closing the door behind.

"Zan-" I held my hand up to stop her.

"Not this time. You have made me worried about you for long tell me Grace what are you hiding" I demanded as she slowly stood up tucking the necklace and the paper she got from the box in her jeans pocket.

She exhaled as I heard her racing heart. Since we have marked each other I could clearly feel her anxiety.

"Zander I am not sure how to." She mumbled looking down.

What is she hiding? Whatever it is might not be safe for her and I must know about it?

"No matter what it is I need to know Avy, I have the rights to know what my mate is worried about?" She looked up as I walked towards her and held her hands softly.

"Zander it is... it is not what you might believe in but it is as it is" she mumbled as her hands felt cold.

I pulled her towards my chest and stroked her hair gently.

"Calm down ok love,"I wosphered making her feel at ease. "Tell me slowly on what happen okay no matter what I will believe "

Her heart began to be at ease as she looked up at me.

"Our pack is threatened" and there it was. The four words which rang alarm I my head.

Third person's POV

Three figures existed the room whose door slammed behind them.

"What are you doing?" One of the male figure asked the female who had instantly stocked her ear on the door.

"Trying to know what's going on in there" she replied sourly as the other male joined her.

"Can you hear it?" He asked as he shifted from one spot to the other.

"No, can you?" She replied copying the same.

"Stop," the other male figure ordered as he grabbed her hand and pulled her tiny frame towards him.

"It is impolite and wrong to eavesdrop on your Alpha couple's conversatuon." He scolded as the third male stood straight.

"Right, so I'll get going then." He chuckled nervously as the woman tried to stop him.

"Good luck Bri," he wished enjoying her face turning red with anger.

Once he left she took a deep breath, smiling before she looked up at her mate.

"Umm...E-"

"Don't you even dare" he warned. "Come on" he ordered before dragging her to back to their room.

He pulled her in and slammed the door shut.

"Tell me." He ordered calmly as he watched her being confused.

"Tell about the thing you wanted to tell once Luna Avy was up." He elaborated as his mates eyes lit up in understanding.

"Oh that it was nothing." She tried to brush it away.

"Now Bri" his voice boomed in the empty room sending chills down her spine.

He hated every moment 9f interrogating her but he had to harden his heart and get the answers.