Chapter 9 (Editing)

Brittney's POV

"Bri stop " I heard Eric's voice behind me but didn't stop. I have a very important stuff to do and he is not helping. I ran as fast as I could hearing footsteps behind me. Why can't he just stop and wait.

I have to get that before anyone else especially before that manipulating, crazy bitch. If she gets the hold of it..

And then there is Avy she can't even link me all this. I was so entangled with my thoughts that I didn't notice what was in front and I slammed on something hard. I heard a grunt from someone and felt air being knocked out as I fell followed by something heavy rather someone heavy.

I opened my eyes to see non other than Eric. "You alright?" He asked in a concern tone. Having him on top of me makes heat rush up. I do want to pull him in for atleast for a kiss. Stop you idiot not now.

I tried pushing him off of me I don't have much time. "Stop Bri please" he pleaded holding my hands above my head. "I know it is hard to see her like that but please don't hurt yourself".

"I am not-" I stated my voice hoarse yet before I could complete his lips crashed mine.

It felt so good everything felt good and I was about to forget an important task. I have to stop but I can't it feels so good.

Stop Brittany stop you have to

But I can't

Focus

With much struggle I finally drawer back gasping for air. Eric seemed hurt and I would be lying if I say that the sight of him didn't hurt me.

"Eric I-" I tried looking for right words. "Bri you don't have to blame yourself it wasn't your fault" he said rubbing my cheeks gently with his thumb. I could melt in his touch it is distracting.

"Eric I have to be somewhere " my voice came out in a serious tone. He rises am eyebrow so I guess I would have to involve him if I have to get this done with. He got off of me and helped me up.

"Where?" He asked. "To Avy's room it is important I'll explain everything later" he seemed confused but didn't say anything and with that I ran before he could say or so anything.

Judging by the heavy footsteps behind and scent I knew it was my mate. I entered the pack house and headed straight for the stairs. Once I reached my destination I tried catching a particular scent. Not getting one I opened the door.

The room was in a mess. There was no scent. "What happened here?" Eric exclaimed. The room looked like it went through a storm with clothes scattered across the floor. Mattress of the bed and papers everywhere.

I carefully made my way towards the bathroom. Only this room seemed normal. Opening the first cupboard I saw what I was looking for. A tissue box she had said. That genius.

I smiled in content. " I can't believe that you ran as if your tail caught fire and made be so concered about you not to forget making me do extra workout just for that" Eric exclaimed. Shock evident on his feature as he stood at the doorway pointing acusssingly to the tissue box.

I nodded in response and shook the box hearing a small movement. Without wasting time I tore the box leaving my mate watching in bewildered expression. I don't blame him if he is considering taking me for a mental check-up. An black object fell from box and I picked it up discarding the tissue box and the tissue in the bin.

"Let's go" saying that I had to drag a still confused Eric away while stuffing the USB in my pocket. Once we were out of the pack house Eric stopped me.