Chapter 29 (draft)

Hello my dear readers! I apologise for taking such a long time to update. But here I am. This chapter is dedicated to all my readers who waited patiently.

Hope you enjoy😉😉

--------

"She is out as light." A woman spoke as she gently poked Brittany's cheek.

Her chest rose and dropped slowly and rhythmically when the door of the small hut opened.

A figure appeared to be walking groggily as it tried to reach for support. A small black fur ball was walking quite close to her. it whimpered in concern as it jumped in front of her now and then as if to ensure the path was clear.

"Oh my," the woman gasped as the pup nudged her legs in concern. "Are you okay, Avy?"

Avy could only manage one more step before she her lost balance and fell into darkness yet again. This time she felt more at peace than the last time.

The pup wimphered as it nudged her cheek while Northia checked for her pulse.

"Oh she is just weak buddy don't worry much." She gently patted to reassure the pup as it sat beside Avy.

Northia waved her hands in the air which lifted Avy gently as the pup hopped on to her chest. Her body was gently placed next to a still unconscious Brittany as the pup nestled between them. It's little face rested on Avy's chest as it let go of a whimper.

With a clap of her hands a blanket covered them as a candel was lit to emit healing scent into the room.

"They will be up soon," Northia commented as she clicked her shoes and walked away.

A figure behind the curtain witnessing all smirked as Northia walked towards a locked wooden door with a smile.

"She did it," Northia sang as she took a silver pendant out and pressed it on the door. A light illuminated as the door clicked signifying its is ready to allow the seeker in.

***
For a wolf who seeked refuge of the nature had her share of battles to face. From competing for meal with a pack to finding safety in unclaimed territory.

She was a brave wolf but her ways to see the world was tainted with one memory she had of her pack.

A mere five year old was sentenced to dismemberment of her palm all because she defined herself from her bully. The Alpha's child.

Her parents did not try to protect jer instead they were suggesting to cut both her hands as a punishment.

That alone led her to believe that world is cruel and it was only her who can protect herself. If she hadn't ran that day left a mark on her soul, she would often take her anger out on pack wolves by attacking them if they dared to cross her path.

That is till she crossed path with Avy. Her life was changed as she slowly began to understand the true meaning of family.

"Not blood, but heart" she would recite whenever she felt vulnerable.

A flash of her life with Eric was remembered as she felt tears in her eyes. Her mate, her very patient, brave and sensible mate.

She was quite fond of the way he would hold her and listen to her chattering nonsense with a smile and stop her whenever she is mad at someone or him.

In a distance a figure of Eric was seen he was picking up daisies as he looked back. A loving smile adored his face as he soon began to fade. Her mind was rushing as she tried to grab him.

She yelled for him to stop but her words seem to be stuck in her throat, her body seemed to stuck as she witnessed her mate vanishing.

Her body struggled but in vain as she tried yelling agian.