Chapter 30

The sounds of chrips broke through the silent, calm morn. A sense of peacefulness brushed throug the skin as a feminine figure watched from a far. A smile graced her face reflecting adoration. Behind her stood a man who watched in amazement.

In a distance a mass of wool galloped around happily as it growled at the fallen leaves. Cold air blew through its furs as it stood up attentively. Huffing as it enjoyed the scenery. It's ears peeked as if searching for something.

His tiny paws teased the earth as his nose flared.

"Izzy" the female figure called as the pup looked back. The man behind her watched curiously. He had been waiting to ask her about the origin of the pup, and why he can't sense her wolf inside her rather on the pup she bought. What had happened while she was gone. He thought as the pup came back. It's tail wagged as it looked up at her.

"Oh you cute little baby," she patted its head as she picked it up.

"Aww, are you hungry, are you hungry?" She cooed as she rubbed the belly earning a bark.

"Come on let's get you food." She smiled as she kissed it's head.

As she turned, her eyes meet with a familiar one who looked at her curiously.

He walked towards her as she smiled.

"Good morning love" he kissed her forehead, in an attempt to hide his curiosity.

"Good morning, are you hungry?" Sje asked as his hands circled around her waist. He hummed in response as his forged joined with her.

The pup in her arm shifted as it huffed.

"Seems like he is not snappy anymore." Alpha Zander noted as the pup looked yup at him.

"Yup, seems like it." Avy confirmed as the pup attempted to lick them earning a laugh.

"Avy," Alpha Zander wisphered earning a hum in response.

"What happened to Izzy?" He asked directly as his arm tightened protectively as if he would lose her.

"She..." Avy started but a lump formed in her throat as she fought the urge to cry. The memory of seeing her wolf levitate in the fog was fresh in her mind.  But she knew that Izzy was here, sje was with them and most importantly her sacrifice was for good.

"She is here Zander" she replied as she rubbed the black fur gently.

"Than why can't I sense her?" He asked calmly.

She looked up at him as she gave him a weak smile. She knew this moment will come but not so soon.

She sighed as she rested her head on his chest.

"Izzy, she is.. she made a sacrifice," she tried as Zander held her close as if she will vanish like her wolf's sense.

"She, she is not gone Zander," she managed. "She just gave herself to free this" she smiled as she looked at the furball in her hand who whimpered in her arms as it sensed her sadness.

"But she is not gone Zander, she is here, inside this," she explained as she lifted the pup up to him.

Of course he was not satisfied with the answers as his curiosity grew tenfold, but he figured he will ask her slowly.

"Zander?" She called, her face frowned as she looked into his eyes as of searching for his soul.

"Will you reject me if I lose my wolf and bond to you." She asked.

The question did threw Jim on the edge as he tried to compose himself.

What would he do, really. He thought but it was all clear in his heart. He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead as he smiled.