Chapter 26

Avy's POV

I knew it, I knew that Zander will not believe me.

"argh! Avy wait up will you," Brittany huffed behind me as I shoved a few tall grasses away while stomping on the rest.

"Avy, will you stop for once and tell me what is bothering you" her voice raised. "Avy!" this time she grabbed my hand.

I glared at her authoritatively as she gulped yet her grip didn't loosen. I am already pissed with Zander who thought I was crazy for thinking his great, amazing, ass of a dad would destroy his pack.

Then I found out about that the address written on the paper belongs to this little witch who lives in the northern forest that I have been searching for hours now just to get answers and what is worse is Brittany's constant nagging.

"Let go Bri," I commanded. her grip loosen as she eyed me curiously. Without bothering to give her an answer I walked ahead.

The forest felt silent, unlike before I could hear baby birds chirping in a distance, there is a small stream ahead where a memory of elephants are, it felt oddly silent.

For the first time I could feel the chilliness of the air, has it always been this cold or is it my guilt for what I did earlier.

"Bri-" I turned, startling her as she took a step back, her cheeks were red. taking a deep breath I looked at her softly, "Listen Bri, I am sorry" I apologised.

"I... I shouldn't have-" before I could apologies, she hugged me. "Bri" I called as I patted her head.

"Avy, it is alright" she spoke softly as she patted my back. "Even if they don't believe in us we do and we are capable of saving those pricks ourselves, who needs those hypocrite, annoying mate who don't even believe us anyway, I will always be with you promise."

Her words suddenly felt like a warm blanket which provided safety, suddenly the chills I felt were gone.

"Bri, I-" I could feel something approaching behind me.

"Look out" she yelled as she pushed me away. A dart flew from the north as it hit her shoulder.

"Bri" I called as she growled removing the dart from her shoulder. Her body seemed light as she began to fall, I rushed towards her as I caught her unconscious body.

"Bri" I cried as her heart began to drop. "Bri" I shook her but she didn't move.

"Bri, wake up," I yelled while slapping her cheeks. I looked around frantically when my eyes landed on a dart that laid in her palm, picking it up I sniffed it.

Wolfsbane.

"No no no no, Bri wake up" this time I slapped her cheeks harder. "Bri wake up" I yelled again as tears began to fall freely.

Just then a dart flew in my direction, before it could touch my skin I held it mid air. Whoever did this to her will pay.

"freeze" a manly voice yelled behind me. Strange I didn't feel it's presence. I raised my hands up looking back to see a dwarfs holding a spear towards me.

"who are you?" I questioned nervously as my eyes watered.

"Take them in," he ordered as a few other dwarfs approached us. when did they get here. Three of them approached Brittany, I could feel my wolf surfacing as I hugged her close to me, growling warningly at them.

"Cooperate or she dies." The head dwarf yelled at me.

"And why should I trust you." My claws began to show.

"Then we will leave, let her die and you will not see with Northia the third." He stated as he turned to leave.

That name, that is the name of the witch I was searching for since the morning. But how can I trust him, what if he is lying.