Chapter 8

A week ago, Luna Avy was determined to take revenge on the crescent moon pack. To punish those who wronged her....

But now....

Her heart felt pity.

If the revelation hadn't unfold before her, she might have been the victim or wrongdoing till her last breath. 

The wheel of time changes without anyone's concern. Who knew what secrets the face of a caring and responsible leader might be hiding.

In her bathroom, she watched her reflection. Water dripped down her chin slowly as her red, weak eyes focused on space.

Her mind repeated the same event of the morning before. The same unanswered question.

A pair of arms held her breaking her thoughts as she focused on the mirror again. Her stiff body relaxed as a smile adored her lips.

"What are you doing?" her mate placed gentle kisses on her neck feeling her soft skin on his lips which reminded him of cotton candy.

"You have been staring at yourself in the mirror weirdly these days" his voice felt like fresh breeze as he felt small hands trailing on his muscular abs. 

"Avy" he called as he lifted up her chin to see her doe eyes and her full lips trapped between her teeth.  

"Spare me some?" He smirked catching on to the fantasy his mate is thinking of. "Tell me what is on your mind lately" he tried again. 

Avy wished she could yell "How about your father is toxic." But she refrained herself as she was confused, also her feeling for her tormentor was starting to flip. She wanted to loath him like she did before but her heart felt different. 

It wanted to swim in those captivating orbs, be held in his strong arms be kissed by those lips and cared by no one but her ungrateful mate.

"Nothing" she shrugged as her hands lifted from his chest. 

There were few thoughts in his mind "Did anyone from the pack-"

"No" she responded startling him. "No one did anything and they won't dare" her back straighten as she smiled at him confidently.  "Even if they dare to than they will realise I am not the same girl who will tolerate her bullies". Alpha Zander's eyes expressed pride but it changed into guilt in a split second.

"I am sorry" he mumbled as held her even closer. He might have remembered and regretted his past actions. 

Her arms wrapped  around his neck as she kissed his cheeks.' Finally you accepted mate ' her wolf  hummed. 

'No I didn't you animal I am just giving him a chance to prove his worth my trust' she shot back. Izzy huffed in response knowing well that her human has started to accept their breathtakingly sexy mate.

Avy's POV

"It is ok Zander you are not hurting me know right." My hand cupped his face. A feeling was present between us. Mate pull I might claim it but deep down it felt different. 

He nodded as he kissed my forehead gently. "I am never letting you go baby and I promise to be by your side no matter what ". I wish I could stay by your side but how can I trust you. 

For now I wonder if I could trust you enough to tell you about your dad. Can I or are you also involve in this. Maybe I should tell you but will you even believe me. A mate you bullied in the past is telling you the father you loved your life is not how he shows.

If only we were from different world.

 These thoughts were running in head when I felt Brittany in my head 'Avy news that asshole former alpha is on his way back' .