Chapter 17 (Editing)

ERIC'S POV

I feel like the worst wolf who has ever roamed the earth. I just yelled at my mate and made her cry. Her tears will probably the last thing I'd ever want to see yet my stupid possessive self just can't keep shut. Sure that Taylor's scent is prominent on our sheets but that doesn't mean anything does it.

'Stupid human' my wolf chimed as he enjoyed the lovely scent of our mate in our arms.

'Need I remind who actually became possessive and made me yell at her, stupid wolf " that should shut him up. He scoffed as we went back to focus on my lovely mate.

"Bri" I called her softly as I feared she might break if I spoke a bit loudly. She hummed in response causing my body to vibrate in bliss.

"What are you hiding?" Her body tensed a bit as she lifted her beautiful face up from my chest to see my face.

"Um...what do you mean" my mate said, her heart raised but she managed to slow it down and I felt her emmensed fear through our mate bond, unfortunately I can not read her mind. It may be because she is good at masking her thoughts or her head is as clumsy as her.

"What are you trying to hide from me baby" I asked her again as I leaned in close to her joining our forehead.

"I..I " she stuttered. She did tell me that the three of them were discussing about new training ways and it will be an acceptable reason for anyone. But not me. If I can't differentiate between her usual reasons and what she is hiding then I fail her as a mate.

"Eric" she squeaked as I brought her even closer. "You can tell me Bri I don't want you to fight alone".

"I...I know but.." she stopped as she took a deep breath. "But?" I hate to question her like I do to prisoners but I can't risk let this matter go. What if her life is in danger and I am doing nothing to save it.

"I can't tell you Eric I don't have the authority to do so." She replied making my doubt turn into suspicion. If I am correct then her life is in danger. Just the thought of losing made my wolf growl possessively as I held her protectively.

She chuckled a bit as she rested her head on my chest again. "Who has" I need to find out what is going on before it is late.

"Avy" she signed as her body relaxed again. I need to talk to the luna.

'Yes we should but right now stop bickering and let me cherish my mate you rotten moron' my wolf complained.

He is right I have to cherish the woman infront of me for whom I rushed my work to see. Lifting her chin up and wasting no time my lips captured hers.

"Eric.." she broke our kiss making me groan as we took long deep breaths. "I am.." before she could countinue her stomach growled making her turn the pertinent red ever.

"What's that" I teased her enjoying her angry plus embarrassed expression together.

"A monster" she replied as she closed her eyes and lifted her cute face up. "And it needs food Mr. Beta" she ordered.

"Anything for you my love" I kissed her head. "What would her highness wants to feed her monster" teasing her is best because she is like a little fire cracker. Cute and dangerous but once launched they make a dark night beautiful.

"Um...anything is ok" I nodded and realsed her missing her warmth giving her a kiss I made my way to the door.

"Wait" she called. "The kitchen is" so it really was them. "It is clean" I smiled at her.