Chapter 20

AVY'S POV

Just when I think everything is going to be alright my fate has to create a new obstacles.

Why? Just why is it so important that everytime a pack is under attack there has to be atleast one traitor?

Here I am running as fast as I can towards the pack hospitals where one of the boarder patrol gaurd is. I hope that Zander is busy with other job and that no one has informed him about the mishaps. He will ask many questions and I for once would not be able to answer it. Earlier I thought I could.

I was ready to tell him the truth and deal with the worse but I got interrupted and my fears caught on to me.

As I ran inside the hospital like a squirrel, I stopped the first nurse who walked by me.

"The gaurd who was ... injured at the boarder. Where is he?" I asked in a serious tone which sounded like a command. Brittany and Taylor halted behind me. She seemed to be in shock so I shook her.

"Where is he Amanda?" I asked again as I glanced at her badge.

"He is in r-room 136 and in-" I couldn't hear what she said next as I ran to the named room with Brittany and Taylor following suit.

120... 134...136. Finally found it.

Without knocking my hands automatic opened the doors as I invited myself in. But then again I am the Luna so whatever.

I stopped as I entered the room but got tackled down from behind as my beta female and third in command crash landed on my back.

"Oww!" This morons could have stopped can't they.

"You know your brain is capable of stopping your legs so you can prevent tackling someone down" I growled at them as they rolled away.

"Wow I didn't know that" Brittany spat at me. My wolf growled at her rudeness but she just rolled her eyes.

"Um ladies," Taylor said nervously. "We have a audience" he gulped as he looked towards the hospital bed.

We jumped up immediately.

There standing a few feet away was the Alpha, Beta, Dr.daveson and a male nurse who held a white board. All of the eyes were on the three of us as if they were trying to find the secret. Crap we are late really late.

"Uh.. hi" Brittany waved at them as I tried to give my mate a smile despite my fear and nervousness.

Dr. Daveson gave us an apologetic look as he shook his head. But why?

"I heard about the... the boarder in..incident so I just came up to see it" I tried to reason.

"Yeah like it's what we do check up on people" key word tried and it would have been okay if Brittany didn't open her stupid mouth. I punched her back making her yelp.

'Shut up' that should stop her mouth. 'Sorry" she replied.

"What are you doing here?" Zander asked. Was he not convinced enough.

"Oh nothing we were just walking around to greet people like that. What do think we are doing Alpha Zander playing with-" Brittany's voice muffed down as Taylor placed his palms on her mouth.

"I am sorry Alpha, Beta for her behavior. I'll.take her out" he told them as he dragged Brittany out with his hands wrapped around her mouth.

I heard Eric growl lowly as he excused himself and followed his mate. As for Zander he stood still as a stone.

"Avy I am still waiting for an explanation" his voice rolled off in a sharp tone. One which cuts my heart bit by bit. This tone reminds me of the old Zander who demanded on things to be done to suit his needs and if I fail to do so I would get punished.