Chapter 13

ZANDER'S POV

Yesterday was quite eventful. Avy went on heat and it drove me mad. That was my worst nightmare to see her in heat. She was in a coma and due to her heat she woke up. I was thrilled when I saw her beautiful eyes open. She was there sitting on her bed and all I ever wanted to do was hug her tight and never let go.

But my happiness was ruined the moment I sensed that she was in heat. My wolf was surfacing and I had to command Tylor to bring me the sedative with a small amount of wolfsbane in them.

I have that drug in my pack to control wild rougues who are kept in cells. It has instant reaction that makes a wolf weak and they fall asleep in a minute.

I never thought to use it on myself but yesterday proved it wrong. I wanted to complete the mating process with her, heck my wolf was so close to marking her as ours but I couldn't. I just can not do it. I didn't feel right.

I have hurt her many times in the past.

So much that I am certain she doesn't trust me I can not repeat the same mistake again.

Buttoning up my shirt I grabbed the box of muffins I have baked a while ago as I headed towards the hospital. If any of my pack members have seen me make muffins they would flip instantly.

The merciless Alpha Zander Black baking muffins would be a unbelievable sight for them. As I reached her room I hesitated before opened her door.

'Just do it you stupid human' Zane yelled. 

He is still furious that we didn't mark her last night. But he should understand that we can not just do it not until she approves it consciously. I hope Brittany has uncuffed her. I still hate myself from doing that to her.

Before I could reach for the knob it opened, revealing a smiling Brittany. Her smile deflated a bit but then she caught me off guard when she smirked at me.

Before I could ask her anything she left. Huh! That girl really is weird poor Eric.

I signed seeing her retreating figure before stepping into my mates room. Her scent invaded my nostrils as I saw her sitting with her back facing me on her bed. I clutched on to the muffins. She must be hating me right now. I don't blame her she has every right to be mad. Now would be the best time to apologize.

"Avy.." my voice came out low almost like a wispher. She might have heard it because her back straighten yet she didn't turn.

I could hear her heart skipping a beat. I could feel her nervous breath and I could she her hands clucting on to the sheets. I have to do because.... because she.... she matters. 

She matters the world to me and I have to do it. I have to say it. 

Please goddess, give me the courage to tell her. 

"Look Avy, I know you are mad at me for last night. I shouldn't have took... took advantage of your state." I closed my eyes as a sign left my lips. "I am really sorry I know I am the worst mate-"

Before I could continue a body slammed into mine. Small hands wrapped around my waist as tears soaked my shirt. I opened my eyes to see my mate hugging me tightly. Her head only reached my chest as she sobbed softly. 

I wrapped my arms around her to dazed to say or do anything at that moment. She was here in my arms close to me. 

"I am sorry" she sobbed. "I shouldn't have doubted you" I was confused what was she talking about doubting at what.

I gently lifted her head with my free hand. Her eyes were puffy and red. How long had she been crying and why? Was it because of me?

Those tears hurt me a lot more the being stabbed by a silver knife. Trust me it hurts like a bitch.