chapter 3

Avy's POV

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep
That is what I heard in a distance.  My eyes opened slowly on its accordance but, I ended up shutting them right away because of the light.

"She is waking up" I heard a woman's voice in a distance "doctor, nurse she is up" some else shouted whom I assume is a male. My ears picked up the sound of the door being opened as the male shouted authoritatively and urgently for a doctor. Strangely, I thought it would be Zander but the males voice was different not like him. Why am I bothered? 

Soon after the sounds of footsteps was heard and I tried opening my eyes and adjusting to bright white lights. The walls were white and so was the floor then realisation hit me like a bus that I was in the hospital.

Oh no! The last thing I remember was running away from Zander and leaving the pack house behind and someone in the clearing. So did someone find me and I'm back from where I ran... 

My blood ran cold as my heart started to beat. If I am back to Zander then he will skin me alive in front of the entire pack and then- 

"Hello miss, are you feeling fine? My thoughts broke as the one who seems like a doctor asked. He wored a blue uniform but he didn't have any statoscope hanging around his neck, maybe he is a nurse.  

Well isn't it obvious?

"I think...... " I said as it was the only thing that came out of my mouth. I wish I could tell him what I am feeling but how can I when I am in mixed and messed up emotion. I started to zone out a bit  as I stayed still not knowing what to do next.

"Um....can you tell me where I am?" My thoughts tried to get organised as I started to face reality.

"Well dear your are in a hospital" as if I haven't guessed that part yet. Even a child will know that by the boring environment. This hospital staff is useless.

"If it is fine with you then may I ask you a few question?" He asked sternly but politely as he smiled kindly at me. I felt as if he was a demon trying to lure me in spilling my secrets which I didn't have like my dreams.

"Sure" came out as a whisper but through the scent I knew that he is a werewolf so hearing it is not a problem for our kind. I could deny but what are the odds that they are not mistaking me for a rouge since my pack bond was broken when I left. 

"Ok so I'm doctor James and may I know your beautiful name" he said politely. I was confused and my wolf became cautions. 'why is he introducing' Izzy asked. I mentally rolled my eyes at her. How would I know?

"Avy" I whispered feeling a bit scared as no one has spoke to me so gently before and if they do then what comes after is not acceptable. 

"Don't be afraid I am not going to hurt you" he chuckled "doctors treat their patient not hurt them you see" But will betray them for their cruel alpha so no I am keeping my guard up you cute doctor. I thought.

"Anyways" he continued "mind telling me how you got those cuts and bruises on your body?". My heart raised again as I had a hard time controlling my breath. What should I say now? What if it is a test by Zander?

"I may have got them in the forest" I lied trying my best to not make it visible. He just nodded his head and got up and left. Well that's weird is my doubt actually true? Am I back to my abusive mate? What do I do now maybe... maybe try to escape now. 

As I tried to sit up a  familiar scent hit me but I couldn't point exactly whom it belonged to. It also seemed like the scent I caught earlier on. Then a lady entered into the room and she did look oddly familiar..... when I got a closer look on her eyes it struck me