Chapter 67

Friday morning

A whole week is in the rearview mirror, it's been chaotic, some bizarre things unfolded in my exploration into the history of the money laundering. I uncovered Employee ID numbers that were unidentifiable, they had no correlation to anyone registered in the company. I have to inform Axle of my discovery. 

En route to his office, I notice Sharon's eyes glued to me from my peripheral, an uncomfortable feeling crawls over my skin triggering my body to shiver. Arriving at the lift when I did, the doors swing open as soon as I step foot in front of it, causing my lips to curl when the doors unveil Elijah.

Striding inside, I commence conversation before the doors have had the chance to shut, "Hey, I wasn't expecting to see you in the elevator."

"I needed to go get some coffee. It was a long night."

"You'll have to tell me about it later. I'm headed to a meeting."

"Have fun at your "meeting," cracking a smile, eyes narrowed, innuendo filled in his words. 

Feigning disbelief, I raise a limb over my heart, mouth forms an "O" shape, wide-eyed, coaxing both of us to snicker when the elevator pings, alerting me, we have arrived on my floor. I exit, waving to Elijah, twisting forward to Victoria's bright smile. It always melts my insides to see her heartwarming, bright, beautiful smile.

We exchange pleasantries before I infiltrate his office, to be greeted by his booming voice on the phone. Waved to enter, I stroll to the lounge area, setting up to inform of the particulars of my research.

Hanging up the phone with an exasperated huff, his muscular frame strides towards me causing a delicious ache in my loins, yeaning to feel the heat of his flesh on mine. Halting before me he bends at the waist placing a soft kiss on my longing lips.

"How you are you doing today gorgeous," his ravenous eyes tour my body.

"I'm better now that I've laid my eyes on this," waving my hand up and down in front of him, "magnificent physique."

"Want to see more?" he wiggles his eyebrows like a snake, a boyish grin  plastered on his chisled face with lust in his slate hues.

"Axle! You can show me more of you later ... I have an update." Little does he know what I have planned.

Axles eyebrows raise, waving his right appendage for me to continue.

" I've been scouring the records, combing through each and every transaction to pinpoint which accounts have been laundered with corresponding dates and amounts, to cross reference them with employee ID numbers. Here are the spreadsheets I've created; I need access to the database with all of the employee ID numbers of everyone who has made a transaction over the last five years."

Stretching my limb, extending my pointer finger to a set of number on the page, "You see this one here? This one is not connected to an employee or anyone for that matter, I checked and verified it. I know you preferred to keep this within our circle but I require access to these files. I'm going to scrutinize all the ID numbers to gather if this is an old employee who is no longer employed at the company. Or an staff member who currently works here but for some reason had their number changed. Who is trustworthy enough, that can grant me access to this information?"

"Speak with Catherine DuBois, I believe she's incorruptible. She can get you everything you need."

"Perfect! I'll get right on that!"

"You can get right on this!" Axle hoists me up by the hips having me straddle his lap, skirt lifting to reveal my red lace panties, squealing in excitement. Feeling the swelling in his pants press against my core causes me to moan.