Chapter 41

"It was me Kitten," he says with a Cheshire grin on his face. "But you told me you were away on business. You lied to me? You kept this a secret, why? Why would you willingly lie to me?"  I beeline straight for the door, my arm shakily reaching out, landing on the handle. 

"Chloe!" His commanding voice sends an exasperated chill down my spine, halting my actions. I shut my eyes taking a slow deep breath in, releasing it at the same pace. My eyes separate as I turn on my heels to face him. "I need a moment," I spew at him, reaching for the door handle, swinging it open, stepping outside.

I pace back and forth in the hall fighting myself to stay and exiting when my sexual goddess stops me dead in my tracks. "You said you wouldn't run, you would stay because he's worth it." I fight her, "but he willingly lied." "Did he?"  You also thought he slept with Selena and you were wrong. Stop jumping to conclusions. STAY!" 

I turn my head over my shoulder, peering back at the doorway, "What do I have to lose?" I steel my nerves, straighten my back, marching full speed ahead into our room shutting the door behind me. "Okay, I'm not going to run. Explain," I state in a calm voice open to possibilities, crossing my arms over my voluptuous breast waiting for his reasoning. 

Axle strides over to the champagne, pouring a glass for each of us. Strutting towards me, arm stretched out, handing me a glass. "It's simple Chloe. I made it back in time for my friends masquerade party." 

I narrow my eyes, "Your friends party?" "Yes, he owns the club," he takes a sip of the champagne. My eyes shoot open wide, "Eric is your friend?" Axle looks at me quizzically, "Yes, he is, my best friend actually. How do you know Eric?" 

Oh my god this is not happening. I burst out in laughter, Axle eyeing my every move as I keel over in hysterics. "The universe must be playing with us," I exclaim in a high pitched tone. His eyebrows meet in the middle, eyes confused and waiting, "What do you mean?" 

"My best friend Shelly is dating the owner of this club, Eric who apparently is your best friend." I can't help but laugh at the words escaping my mouth. He narrows his eyes, "You're kidding right?" His head tilts to the side in disbelief. "Nope! She just told us before we entered the club that her new beau is the owner of this club, Eric." I laugh, my finger pointing to the floor.

I stroll over to the mirrored window, gazing down at the crowd finding Shelly easily; even in the darkness her radiant red hair makes her stand out in any crowd. I see her grinding herself on a guy I believe to be Eric. I wave my hand in the air for Axle to come over and gaze upon what I see. 

"That's Eric dancing with the redhead," He states softly. "And the redhead is Shelly," I say matter-of-factually. We both gaze into each other's eyes, in disbelief our best friends are dating each other. What are the odds?

The air is still in the room, a deafening silence takes over, even with the music playing in the background. Axle releases a contemplative sigh, "I saw you that night, right from where you're standing," he throatily rasps by my ear. His hot breath ghosting on my neck, eliciting prickles to ravage my body. I blink rapidly, "What do you mean?" 

"When you and Shelly came into the club that night, I spotted you from up here. I knew it was you Chloe. Your every move, the tint of your skin, the shine of your hair. Everything. I could see you coming from a mile away Chloe. You captivated me the moment we bumped into each other in the coffee shop." He closes his silvery orbs, shakes his head back and forth before staring into my eyes, "And that mouth of yours," lust dripping from his words as he speaks them. "My cock never got so hard having someone chastise me the way you did."

Feeling flushed, I bite my lower lip. He raises his hand to my chin using his thumb to extract my lower lip from the death grip of my teeth. "Don't do that Kitten, not unless you want another fucking. I'd be more than happy to make another fantasy come true," winking, his voice drips with devilish intent. "I ... I had no idea," I stammer not sure how to respond.