Chapter 51

Taking out my phone I call my best friend, actually I consider her my sister. She's my family, her mother and Shelly is all I have left in terms of family. I have no idea what I would have done without her and Cassandra all those years ago.  They accepted me, without hesitation and I can never repay them enough for that.

Shelly: Hey Chloe, how was the weekend? I want all the juicy details.

Chloe: Actually ... it's not over.

Shelly: Then why the hell are you calling me? Go mount that man until be begs you to stop. 

Sinister laughter fills the receiver.

Chloe: Actually, ... I need you to come over. I need to ... to tell you something.

Shelly: Damn Chlo, this sounds serious. Is everything okay?

Worry's seething from her voice, I don't desire to alarm her.

Chloe: Yes, I think so. Can you come over?

Shelly: I'll be there in an hour. Let me know if I have to kick his ass.

I exonerate nervous giggles, she's trying to lightened my mood.

Chloe: No, it's nothing like that, but I'd pay to see that.

Our laughter rings out in unison.

Chloe: Thank you for coming Shell.

Shelly: Always! See you in a bit.

Chloe: Okay, bye.

Pressing the end call button on my phone I lock eyes with Axle, moving my head up and down silently informing him Shelly will come.

He strolls to where I stay rooted to the floor, encasing my face in his strong, tattooed hands, lifting up to met his lips. Our lips mold in a gentle, reassuring kiss; comforting me, allowing my accelerated, thumping heart to calm and rigid muscles to slacken.

"I'll be right here for you Chloe," his face nuzzles in the crook of my neck. "Oh and by the way, on the boat, I had those voluptuous breasts in my face in at least 4 different positions," he withdraws from my neck, meeting my widened orbs, winking his mesmerizing grey eye at me.

Heat surges up my neck to my cheeks, blushing my face. Did he really just bring that up now? He definitely knows how to change the mood.

With a mischievous, stunning smile and devilish glint in his enchanting eyes, he inquires, "Is that pink I see on your cheeks Ms. Knox?"

I burst into hysterical laughter unable to formulate the proper syntax I filtered in my head.

Axles lips curl wider at the edges with his soft chuckles at my inability to speak, "Great comeback." 

I can't argue with that, all I can do at this point is convulse in laughter some more.

"Lets clean up before she gets here," he commences by hauling the items from the table to the sink. I place any leftover food in Tupperware for tomorrow and end with washing all of the dishes.  

He places a gentle kiss on the side of my head when he delivers the plates, "Teamwork," he exclaims, striding back to grab the rest of the dishes.

When all the dishes have been cleared off the table Axle loops his arms around my midsection sparking the ember in my core.