Chapter 17

***PREVIOUSLY***

He gazes in my eyes, "I'm here for you Chloe," his raspy voice sings to my body just as he releases my wrist and commences cleaning the kitchen. I walk toward the hall, to my bedroom, stop, turn myself around and gawk at the impressive man who has shown me kindness and caring in my darkest hour.

What am I going to do with you Axle Cross, I internally ask myself, just as my vixen stretches and wakes from her slumber. 

She caresses her lips with her tongue, drool escaping at the sight of a tattooed chest tightening and relaxing with every push and pull, unrestricted by clothing

She caresses her lips with her tongue, drool escaping at the sight of a tattooed chest tightening and relaxing with every push and pull, unrestricted by clothing. She slithers off the bed, sauntering, trying to seduce him with the sinful sway of her hips. 

I shift on the balls of my feet and beeline straight for bedroom compelling her to regain her composure

I shift on the balls of my feet and beeline straight for bedroom compelling her to regain her composure. I doubt he craves me now, especially after that unappealing catastrophe he witnessed last night. I put the nail in the coffin in that chance with my hysterics and uncontrollable convulsing last night. 

My vixen face palms with slumped shoulders and a defeated spirit, she drags her feet back to bed, and plummets faced down. It's of no real consequence really, it's not like we would've had a whirlwind romance, got married and had children, I try to convince myself. Why did I say that? Is that what I want ... with him? No of course not, just sex. That's all I want and all I have to offer.

Once in the bedroom, I snatch my laptop and plop on to the bed. I commence reviewing emails and accounts, coordinating dates with purchases. Everything seems fictitious at this point, nothing equates. How could this have happened?

All of a sudden, I hear the velvety smooth sound that sets my core ablaze and arranges for the waterworks to seep, "I was hoping you were sleeping." My eyes shoot up drinking in the shirtless Adonis before me; I manage to squeak out, "I headed straight for the laptop instinctively as I came in. I really need to get down to the bottom of this. I've been combing over emails, dates, amounts ... it doesn't make sense. Come here, look." 

I wave him over to examine the invoices and inquire, "Do you recognize this name?" Axle announces each one out loud, "Overseas Corp, Invest Now, Double Down? What are these businesses?" He questions with his eyebrows joined together in the middle of his forehead inspecting the names.