Chapter 68

The weekend flew by faster than a Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, rambunctious fornication commenced in every territory all day, every day. There is no surface in my residence that hasn't felt the pounding of our heated flesh.

It's already Wednesday, hump day! 😈 I'm sure we'll be breeding like feral rabbits by day's end but I am pleased this laborious week's almost over. I've entered Axles office, configuring our paperwork in anticipation of our meeting, awaiting the culmination of his call.

Placing the phone on the receiver, Axle strides to the lounge, situated next to me , squeezing my thigh, triggering a welcomed chill to run through my veins.

Nuzzling into the crevice of my neck, "Mmm, good morning Luscious."

Giggling at his ticklish gesture, "Hello, handsome," pecking his velvety lips, "Where did luscious derive from?" Eyes slice, eyebrows create a unibrow, head angles to the side, as my curiosity is piqued.

"You are deliciously scrumptious," eyebrows rise repeatedly, a smile tugs the edges of his lips. Gazing into his ashen hues, heat courses through my physique.

Clearing my throat, "I acquired the ID numbers from Ms. Dubois and started cross referencing them with employees both current and no longer employed here. It will take some time ... but it will work," I reassure him my method will provide results.

Victoria waltz's in with tea, coffee for two, her notepad under her arm and her pen laced between her fingers. Located across from Axle and I, she positions our respective drinks in front of us.

She opens with a welcoming, "How's everyone doing this morning?"

"I'm good," I grin from ear to ear, raising my tea in appreciation.

"Couldn't be better," Axles hand caresses my shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze eliciting my orbs to find him, granting him with a coy smile and bashful eyes.

"Well don't you two look cute all cuddled up on the sofa together," Victoria expresses her cheerfulness with our current situation. If she was only apprised of our antics on this very sofa, heat evolves in my face, reddening my cheeks.

Victoria: Let's get down to business. We've booked the venue, D.J., and all the venders. We've complied the list and sent out invitations. How's the R.S.V.P.'s coming along?

Chloe: I've created the website with vibrant pictures of the community center, highlighting how it's essential to the youth of the neighborhood. I'm also doing a spotlight for Harrison and emphasizing everything he's put into the center. How the exceptional youth has grown from his guidance. Additionally, more than half have R.S.V.P.'d yes. Approximately, 30 or so have replied with maybe. I'll follow-up to convert that to a yes. 

Axle: How are the donations for the raffle coming along?

Victoria: I've been able to sway most of the companies on my list and they've confirmed their donations.

Chloe: Same here, some are still undecided ... but again ... I'll reach out to confirm.

Axle: Sounds like everything is coming along nicely. Thank you, both of you, for your tireless work in creating such a wonderful ball. I'm positive it will be a night to remember. 

Victoria: Harrison is not exactly ... cooperating.

Axle: Meaning?

Victoria: He's not exactly comfortable with you buying his outfit for the ball.

Axle: Stubborn old man. Set-up a lunch date for him and I. Arrange a fitting at my tailor while we are together. Clear my schedule ... whenever he is available.