━━━one...

"memories"

MEMORIES: something remembered from the past; Lorelei Black hadn't really lucked out in that department, every memory she had led to another and let's just say she had a shit ton of tragic ones, take her first memory for example —

"Remember, Lorelei" Her father put her hair in two little pig tails, handing her a lollipop, so she would stay still and not break out into a dance while he was trying to do so, "I'm— I love you, ok? No matter what happens, I do, I just have to go check up on uncle Prongs and Lils"

"But why can't I come?" Lorelei asked her dad, her grey eyes immediately shining at the thought of meeting her best friend — Birdie Potter, "I want to meet Birdie!"

Sirius looks like he might cry, and Lorelei doesn't like it — even as a two-year-old Lorelei Black could read her father's emotions, so she just sighed dramatically, peaking through her eyes to see her dad giving her a look, "Fine, I'll miss trick or treating, unless you have some candy you could give me...?"

"Alright, Ms Smartypants" Sirius said letting out a teary chuckle, "Nice try, but you're not getting any until you're with your uncle Moony — tell you what, though — you can meet Hope there?"

"Not even skittles?" Lorelei asked as her dad started stuffing her things into a bag, reaching inside his pocket knowingly and handing her the small packet, "I love you, daddy"

Sirius paused, taking a second to look at his daughter, he grabbed her, balancing her on his hip and planted a kiss to the side of her head, "I love you, so so so much"

"You said that already, silly goose" Lorelei chuckled wiggling her eyebrows at her father, he chuckled back though there was something in her eyes that Lorelei had yet to see.

Long story short, before her father dropped her off at the Lupin's, he'd told her he'd be back as soon as he could, he wasn't. Instead, he had to spend twelve years in captivity, unbeknownst to him — James and Lily Potter had been alive and well at the Black-Rosier's, two of the highest ranking members of the Order had taken their place to try and defeat Voldemort, though their attempts remained in vain as they had died and that too as someone else.