━━━five...

"HOPE"

HOPE: a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen; the four letter word had two different meanings for Lorelei Black, the first one obviously being her bestfriend, but the second and the disappointing one being the actual def...

HOPE: a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen; the four letter word had two different meanings for Lorelei Black, the first one obviously being her bestfriend, but the second and the disappointing one being the actual definition. Lorelei Black once used to hope, when her heart was naive enough to believe that her hopes and dreams mattered.

As a child she spent an awful lot of time hoping. Hoping that her mother would come home to meet her, just once, and tell her that her leaving had nothing to do with Lorelei not being good enough for her, she wanted Neveah to hug her and tell her that she did love her, but it never happened even now that Neveah Ross has explained from time to time again the reason she left all Lorelei could gather was she left because of her. I mean what kind of kid sends their mother into a literal state of panic instead of euphoria?

Lorelei hoped. She hoped to be the best version of herself any way she could, she got good grades, she spent time as a beater on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, she was nice to everyone and she was a good kid, even when it got frustrating for her she was nice, she was good.

And then she saw the article about her dad escaping, and she remembers thinking this is it, she'd get to see him, she'd get to hug him and she'd get to tell him all the stories about how she was the top of her class, like he used to be. Beater of the Quidditch team, like he used to be. Gifted in charms, like he used to be. She wanted to tell him that she was just like him.

She didn't get the chance to, because as it turns out that even after all those years — Sirius Black chose the Potters over his own daughter, and that was the year Lorelei Black stopped.

She stopped hoping and she started becoming better, not good, but better — a better version of who she really was.

Cedric was with her through it all, even when Birdie couldn't be because of her brother, of course she loved him, Lorelei was in love with him and no matter how much she tried to steer away from the concept of a relationship she'd always wondered.

Would the events of the Triwizard Tournament have turned out differently than it did, if she'd just told him?

She couldn't find it out now, it was too late because he wasn't here anymore, and all she could do is wonder.