━━━thirty-one...

"HUG"

HUG: embrace; Lorelei Black stepped outside her father's room happier than she was before and Sirius stepped out happier than he'd ever been in those fifteen years

HUG: embrace; Lorelei Black stepped outside her father's room happier than she was before and Sirius stepped out happier than he'd ever been in those fifteen years. As Sirius walked downstairs and Lorelei stayed behind to grab something from her room he saw George walking up the stairs, thank Merlin for the sweaters Molly made that helped him differentiate between Fred and George, and remembered to do something, he grabbed the redhead by his arms and then passed him a glare, George looked confused to say the least.

"Merry Christmas?" George offered weakly with a small grin, but got nothing in return from Sirius besides a scowl, "If it's something bad, I'm not George I'm Fred"

"Save it, carrot-top" Sirius told him and then continued to look as intimidating as he could manage to be, "What are your intentions with my daughter?"

George opened and closed his mouth, "What?" he stared at Sirius's terrifying grey eyes that he narrowed at the young man, "I don't know what you're talking about..."

"I might be a little rusty in the game, but I'm not a complete piece of junk" Sirius removed his arm and passed George a look, "I see the way you look at El, and frankly — that look's way too familiar with me, so I'm gonna ask you this again — what are your intentions with my daughter?"

"W-well I was just planning to dye her hair red as revenge for this morning" George spoke in a scared tone, and Sirius frowned.

"You do realize..." he said, "That you like her, don't you?" Sirius raised his eyebrows at the redhead and George could get nothing out.

"Well, obviously I like her, she's my friend" George told the older man and Sirius stared at George like he was spewing out the most ridiculous theories in the world.

"Son—" Sirius said, "Sit down" he sat down on the stairs and George, though confused, followed after, "You're telling me that you've seriously never noticed how you brighten up whenever you're around her?"