━━━thirteen...

"BOGGART"

BOGGART: a shape-shifting creature that assumes the form of your greatest fear; when Molly had assigned everyone tasks to clean around the house, Lorelei had picked to do the entirety of her floor, she was on the floor with Birdie and Hope, but se...

BOGGART: a shape-shifting creature that assumes the form of your greatest fear; when Molly had assigned everyone tasks to clean around the house, Lorelei had picked to do the entirety of her floor, she was on the floor with Birdie and Hope, but seeing that Birdie was back from the hospital, she was using the sick girl excuse to stay in bed all day, and Hope was busy helping them clean out together, and Lorelei wanted to be left alone that day, especially after what happened with Regan so she thought she'd just clean out the entire floor.

"You can't continue taking this!" Regan yelled at the older girl who frustratedly sighed, placing the silencing charm on the door without her wand, Regan was impressed but she chose not to say this, "You know how this shit messed mum up, I can't watch that happen to you!"

"It won't!" Lorelei said, she wanted to pull at her hair and scream, but she couldn't and it all was making it very frustrating and harder for Lorelei to breathe.

"This is almost fifty bottles, El" Regan's voice turned soft, she looked at Lorelei who looked away, "This is how it all started for mum — just tell me this, how much do you take at night?"

"I don't fucking know, Reg" Lorelei threw her hands back, "I don't keep track of those..."

"You should be!" Regan told the older girl, "You know first hand how these things mess up your mind, they're harmful, and if you continue using them, I'm gonna tell mum, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to"

"No, you can't tell aunt Si" Lorelei got up from her bed, "She'll freak out, she'll get worried and then uncle Andrew will freak out too, and then she's gonna get distracted on a mission—"

"Then stop using them" Regan said, her voice sharp, "Just stop and I'm not gonna tell anyone"

"Damn it, Regan, don't you get it?" Lorelei said, and her voice cracked, "I can't fucking sleep — every time I close my eyes I see him, and I see his dead, pale and limp body, and I remember that I'm never going to see him again, and it physically hurts me, and I can't keep doing this over and over and over again at night, it's exhausting and I can't—" Lorelei choked up, "I can't keep doing that"