━━━twenty-five...

"FIGHT"

FIGHT: brawl;  Lorelei Black felt like she wanted to walk up there and laugh at Umbridge's face every time she told the kids to put away their wands and told them not to practice magic in any way — it kind of made her want to do well in her class ...

FIGHT: brawl;  Lorelei Black felt like she wanted to walk up there and laugh at Umbridge's face every time she told the kids to put away their wands and told them not to practice magic in any way — it kind of made her want to do well in her class just to piss her off, she'd like to see that pink toad try and grade her paper bad, yeah, she'd like to see that happen, well not really see that happen because she does want to do good this year since it might all go to shit if she doesn't — she plans on getting an actual job and doing something with her life, thank you very much. Somehow, Lorelei had also gotten on Snape's good side this year — turns out if you don't look at him, don't breathe in his direction or just don't do anything even remotely in his direction that doesn't piss him off — he hates you slightly less.

Of course, Birdie and Hope didn't decide to follow that advice — Hope knows she won't get a job because of her medical problems anyway, so she's clearly given up trying (as she should, fuck the government) and Birdie, well Lorelei doesn't know what's going on with Birdie lately — she kind of just hangs out with Fred and Hope all the time. Is Lorelei mad about it? No. Is she happy about it? No, she would like to talk to her best friend, and she'd like to talk it out and get back to being the way they were before, if only Birdie would just make an effort like Lorelei's been making many.

"Ok, cherry, step back, you're ruining it" Lorelei said to George who was licking the batter off the spatula and picking out all of the chocolate chips from the cookie batter and eating them and Lorelei had started getting annoyed because she actually needed the batter to be present in the bowl to create the cookies, "Ooh, would cherries in chocolate cookies be weird?"

George paused for a minute as he thought, "You know what? Let's try it out" he grabbed a bowl of cherries that Twixy handed them the house elf went back into her crowd as soon as she was done with the job. He started adding the cherries to the bowl and Lorelei looked up at him with her brows furrowed and her head tilted sideways.

"Should we— should we chop it up before?" Lorelei looked at the bowl of cherries and then the batter and then the bowl of cherries again, "Meh" she started adding the cherries to the batter.