Chapter 48: I'm in no mood for lighthearted fluffy talk.

Pre-note: I edited a teensy bit on the last chapter. Not too much, but it would be convenient if you read the last few lines before starting this. Gracias!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for Chase to pull the trigger.

Bang

I held my breath and waited for the pain to blossom from where ever he shot me.

Only it never came.

Bang 

Another shot rang out. I quickly opened my eyes in surprise. Little black pieces of plastic skitted across the floor in front of me.

The freak...

"I'm so, so sorry!" Chase let go of my arm rapidly. A dull ache formed at the top of my arm. I massaged it with my other arm. This jerk is gonna pay for it. Was he just playing a joke with me? This is so not funny...

I turned to look at Chase, giving him my death glare. His sheepishly, apologetic face didn't help, though. 

"This whole day is just filled with misunderstandings, isn't it?" Tony laughed.

"Shut up." I replied. I'm in no mood for lighthearted fluffy talk.

Annelise, I-" 

"Save it." I brought my hand up in a stop motion, "I don't want to hear your apology."

"Annie, Chase wasn't going to shoot you, you know," Tony explained.

Say what? 

"Judging by the question mark on your face, you didn't know this room was being watched," he continued.

Impossible. I would've known. I kept my gaze steady on them both, switching every once in a while. They're kidding, right?

I think I'm just afraid to face the truth.

I finally made a clean sweep of the room. The equipment, including the headphones, that was on the table was blown apart from Tony's bullet. Bullet #2.

My eyes surveyed the walls until they landed just above Tony's head.

On a shelf, a few feet above Tony, small black pieces of something were littered all over. It looked to be a...

Oh.

A camera. Bullet #1

I'm really losing my touch if I didn't even notice that camera. I mean, the walls were plainly white, and that camera was like a black sheep.

"Don't feel bad, I didn't see them at first either. Chase barely signaled them to me, so I shot 'em down," Tony explained, "He was just bluffing about shooting you. A little show for whoever was watching us."

I really don't want to face Chase's smug face right now.

I pursed my lips and turned towards Chase. I kept my gaze downward, not wanting to meet his gaze just yet. 

"Sucks to be wrong, doesn't-"

The jerk didn't get a chance to finish that sentence. A dull ache formed at my knuckles as I flexed my hand. I stared down at him lying on the floor, inspecting his bloody nose.

"Don't ever do that again," I warned. I walked over his body and headed out the door, Tony's laughs following me.

"Dude! She broke your nose!" I heard him laugh, "Oof," was his next word. Chase must've punched him.

I quickly walked out, not caring about the bodies littering the Starbucks floor. Chase can take care of it. Or not. I don't care, I didn't do this.

The jerk.

~~~~~

Author's Note:

Just a little teaser before we get to the bigger parts!! :)

I'll try to upload on Thursday or Saturday!

I probably won't have time for another chapter next week since I just GOT HIRED AT HOME DEPOT!! :D Orientation starts this Friday and I start working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and freakin Friday! On top of that I have school to attend to! 

Oh well, life is life.

Thank you for reading and for your exciting comments!!

Update 3/3/15 11:17 PM: I really want to dedicate this chapter to a ton of people I've been talking to through comments and messages! This is my 'me' time right now and I'm spending it talking to you guys: BEST 'ME' TIME EVER. Thanks for making my day guys! I'll dedicate this chapter first to @ElioraHenrickson who is thinking of making a fan-fic spin-off of this story... haha, I've never had one of those done on any of my stories, so it's really exciting for me!