Chapter 44: Who do you think I am? Dr. Phil?

"That's weird," Jenny had been rummaging through her room for a few minutes now. She stood up and looked down at the class that littered her room.

"What is?" I asked.

"I can't find the bullet that was shot through the window."

I sneaked a glance at Chase who betrayed no emotion.

"Why would that be important? Luckily none of us are hurt," he calmly replied, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go." he quickly made his way over to the door and walked out.

He's not getting away from me that easily. "I'll text you later, ok?" I told Jenny before jogging to Chase. 

He was far down the sidewalk by the time I was out of the house.

"Chase!" I yelled out. He kept walking as he took what looked like a cellphone out of his pocket. I picked up my speed and in no time I was power walking next to him.

"...5 minutes," he said into the phone before hanging up, he then turned to me, "What's up?"

What's up?

"What do you mean 'what's up'?" I continued walking at his pace, "You just left Jenny's in a hurry. Is there something wrong?" I know something's wrong. That bullet isn't ordinary at all. He must know what it's about.

"Not at all. I just remembered I had to meet Tony somewhere in a few minutes," he kept his glance ahead as he continued walking- power walking.

"Oh really? Where at? Can I come too?" I asked, sounding vaguely like a nagging girlfriend.

"Um, actually, the thing is-"

"Great!" I unofficially invited myself, "Are we going to your house? Or?"

"Annelise, I can't really bri-"

"Come to think of it," I purposely interrupted, "I can't remember when the last time I saw Tony was..."

He sighed softly. I'll take that as a clear official invitation to tag along.

This is what he gets for unofficially tagging along with me on my way to Jenny's.

~~

"Well, were here," Chase raised his arms out.

"You're kidding, right?" I looked around me at all the busybodies running around, "Why are you meeting Tony here?" I asked.

"We're getting some fishing gear for this weekend's all-nighter," Chase explained as he walked towards the back of the store: Target.

Yes, Target. We're in freakin' Target.

"'Fishing gear'? 'All-nighter'?" I'm slightly confused. No, really confused.

"Yeah, me and my buddies go fishing at night every once in a while. It's really relaxing, you should try it sometime." 

"Yeah, someday," I vaguely responded. Maybe he really is just meeting Tony for a shopping excursion. 

Either way, I'm still going to be sticking with him no matter. I'm gonna find out more on that bullet even if it kills me.

~~

Chase's POV

I looked down on my phone again. New text message: "*Near the fishing gear. U here yet?*"

"*Here.*" I texted Tony back. I looked down at Annelise still walking next to me, "*with company.*" I added.

As much as I tried to shake Annelise off, she wouldn't budge one bit. I thought I had her when I mentioned night fishing, but even then she didn't leave. I mean, really, do I look like I go night fishing?