Chapter 55: I Just Want This To End

{{{Dedication goes to the best title!}}}

[[[[[[[[[MANY DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEWS!! READ CAREFULLY!!]]]]]]]]]]

_____________

Alex's POV

I crept up to her room slowly, looking left and right as I walked down the hallway. Who knows if I'm being watched.

Annie's bedroom door was now 3 steps ahead... but I couldn't just walk to it, that'll be too easy.

I crouched down and put my head on the floor, tumbling forward near the- OW!

The door must have been closer than I thought. Massaging my head, I opened her door and quietly sneaked in, locking it behind me.

Nothing seemed out of place, everything was spotless which was kind of weird for a person. She must have OCD.

First thing's first: I have to look for her gun stash, and if I remember correctly, she has guns hiding in her closet... or is that where her surveillance equipment is? I can't remember.

10 minutes later and I still haven't found ONE single gun. Where are they hidden? Did she move them away? Did she know I was going to try and get one? This is ridiculous.

I want to fight, too.

I sat down on her bed in defeat, and laid back, closing my eyes in frustration.

"How can I stay still at home while my whole family suddenly disappears to who-knows-where?" I muttered to myself. I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling.

My eyes widened as I kept staring at a certain spot that seemed out of place with the wall print. I cocked my head this way and that, noticing the different curves.

Quickly, I stood up on her bed and reached overhead, running my hand over the imperfect groove on the ceiling. I pushed upward slowly and, miraculously, a perfect square from the ceiling went up with my hand. I moved the square piece aside, but noticed nothing but darkness on the other side.

Why would the ceiling have a perfect cut like this, though? I took my phone out and turned on the flashlight app.

What I saw made me jump in glee.

Jackpot!

~~~~~~~~~

Chase's POV:

"How much is bail?" I asked through my phone.

"It's set at $25 million each, but the bail may be suspended and they might get sent to jail immediately if more evidence surfaces."

Great. Just fucking great.

"Can they receive visitors?" I asked my informant.

"Not currently. The judge has to go through more documents and their hearing is coming up soon. Most likely, they won't be able to receive visitors until they receive their sentence."

I sighed in frustration, "Alright. Have someone keep an eye on the court's progress and post the IT guys on the computers to delete any incriminating records and evidence on them immediately."

"No problem," he responded. He seemed to hesitate before continuing, "And about their little sister..."

"I'll take care of it, let Chloe and Tom know, somehow, not to worry about it," I hung up afterwards. Tom and Chloe owe me big time.

I looked up as I suddenly heard the pounding of running feet come my direction. Tony came bounding down to me, with a phone on his hand.

"They've taken Annie," he gasped out.