Chapter 46: Scarred for life, I'm sure.

"...I just can't fall asleep if my coffee has too much sugar, know what I mean?" Tony continued. My hands were slowly making their way to my back, Tony seemed to have the same thoughts as he was also nonchalantly resting one of his hands on his waist.

This might turn bloody, and this poor barista is going to get stuck in the middle.

"Y-yes," She pressed something on her computer as I reswiped my card with my other hand. Apparently I swiped the wrong side of the card the first time. "Would you like a receipt?" she asked me, stuttering.

"Yes, if you don't mind." 

"So, like I was saying, it's easier to make black coffee. Doesn't even take long to make, right? I'm basically making your job easier," he said. I know he's trying to buy us time to think up a plan. 

"Umm- I-" 

"No, no. No need to thank me," Tony brushed off. The three of us stood there for a while. The barista had her eyes on the counter, mine were still on the reflection- looking at dumb and dumber- and Tony was resting his hip against the counter, his eyes wandering around aimlessly. Most likely surveying the whole place.

He turned back to the barista after a minute, "Well?"

She jumped at his sudden attention, "Sorry?"

"Aren't you going to make our drinks?" She hesitated for a second before Tony said, "Don't worry. They won't shoot you." He whipped out his gun, pointing it towards the counter and scaring the living daylights out of the poor girl. 

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God," she rambled as Chloe and Tom finally made themselves noticed.

I took my gun out just as they made themselves known. "OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD" she hysterically continued.

Scarred for life, I'm sure.

Chloe took ahold of the barista's pony tail and yanked her back towards her, pointing her gun against the girls side. 

"What are you guys doing here?" Tony asked them.

"Chloe was-"

"Shut up, Tommy," Chloe said between gritted teeth as Tom sighed.

"Chloe was sent to kill Annie." Tom said. I should've killed them when I had the chance.

"I swear to-"

So this is what's been going on with you guys," Tony interrupted Chloe, "Did someone else offer you more money?" 

More money? Don't all assassins get paid enough? How much more do they need??

"Yeah. Chloe thinks-"

"Tommy, shut it!" a yelp came from the barista as her Chloe yanked her hair back harder this time.

"Chloe thinks if she pays the doctors more, then they'll be able to save Bonnie."

"Bonnie?" I asked.

Tom briefly turned to me, "Our little sister," he explained, "She's in a coma back home."

Well, damn. So this is why they need the money... and why they left Chase's unit. Family comes first.

"Chloe," Tony's voice rang with care, "Bonnie's been in a coma for a few months now, right?" he reasoned, "Don't you think, with all the money you've given the hospital, they would've done something to help her wake up? There's nothing you can do but wait."

"I hate waiting! I can't wait!" she screamed, her eyes filling up with tears of anguish, "It sucks not being able to do anything."

"It's not your fault, though," Tom said.

"Yes it is! Everyone knows it is," she responded, "If I hadn't-"

"If you hadn't what?! Driven that night?" Tom exploded. I feel like Tony and I are intruding into their family affairs now. "It was bad luck. You had no way of knowing a drunk driver was driving towards you."

"If I had just flashed my lights-"

" 'If, if, if'.." Tom dejectedly sighed, " Just stop."

Suddenly, the barista started to make sobbing noises. "Chloe don't pull on her hair that hard," Tony said.

"Help! Please! Call the cops!" the barista instantly let out a ear-splitting scream. Whoa... what the heck.

We all turned to the doors, simultaneously. Chloe and Tom audibly gasped as Tony and I stood stock still.

"Please! They have guns! Call the cops!"

"That's the wrong person to be asking for help," Tony advised her, keeping his eyes on Chase.

Chloe let go of the barista's hair as she pushed her away from her. She then pointed her gun to Chase. Tom followed suit. Tony and I kept ours leveled at Chloe and Tom. You just never know with these kids.

"Chase," Tony started, "You're not gonna believe me, but this is a really, really big misunderstanding."

Chase started walking forward, keeping his eyes locked on mine. It registered in the back of my mind that I pretty much look like an assassin to him right now. 

Crap.

There was a commotion heard outside... like cars screeching to a sudden halt.

"This is such a mess," Tony whispered.

 _________________________________________________________________

Author's Note (not edited)

This is just a small teaser for this weekend's action chapter! :D

Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting! ^.^

I'll try to start dedicating chapters to readers who make me laugh/think/speculate/etc..! <3

CHAPTER DEDICATED TO NowCloudsMySoul !! Thank you for reading!! ^.^

 (P.S. There's so many people I wanted to dedicate this chapter on! Thank you for your amazing comments everyone!)