Thirty-One

Alex's POV

"fuck that was difficult" I panted when I got to Candice, "could you not have just picked me up in the car you're leaning on?". "no" Candice replied. "anyway where is Alison?" I asked. Candice pointed to the bench Jess and Alison were sat on. "she's here" I heard Jess whisper. Alison looked up and stood up. "hey," I said softly. "hi" she replied. "it's like 11 at night, we need to go back to the college" I stated. "okay," she said. I grabbed her hand and started walking to the car. I opened the door for her and she got in and so did I. Jess and Candice got in and we all put on our seatbelts, Alison and I were in the back and Jess and Candice were in the front. When Jess started driving, Alison started picking at her nails so I held her hand and whispered, "stop, you're gonna hurt yourself". I rubbed my thumb across her knuckles and she tightened her grip slightly.

We got back to the college and it was 11:15 pm. "get into bed, it's too late" I told Alison when we got to our room. She got into her pyjamas and got into her bed. I got out my pyjamas on and got into bed as well. "Alex," Alison said. "yeah?" I replied. "would you actually kiss Jess?" she asked. "no" I answered. "then why did you say her name, out of everyone here?" she questioned. "I don't know, I felt pressured and just said a random name" I replied. "I'm sorry," she said. "why?" I asked confused. "because I shouldn't have forced you to answer it" she answered. "it's okay, get some sleep cos we have lessons tomorrow," I said.

My alarm woke me up at 8 am and I saw Alison wasn't in bed so I went to the bathroom to see if she was in there. I walked in and realised the shower was on. "oh shit!" I shouted. The shower curtain was drawn so I couldn't see her but I still got scared. "bro what the fuck!" she shouted back. "I- I was just wondering where you were" I stuttered. "well I wouldn't be chilling on the bloody toilet!" she shouted again. "okay jeez I'm sorry" I replied. She turned the shower off and said, "pass me the towel". I grabbed her towel and gave it to her. She snatched it and stepped out of the shower with it wrapped around her. "I- I'll leave the room now" I stuttered. 

She looked really nice when she stepped out of the shower because her hair was wet and she was looking down at me. I left the bathroom and got my clothes ready for the day. Alison came out of the bathroom in an oversized jumper and black ripped jeans. She walked over to me and came so close to me that our noses were almost touching. "you're a bold little one aren't you" she stated, her voice deeper than usual, it kind of turned me on. "I- no, um, maybe?" I stuttered. She laughed and walked away. I sighed and got my stuff ready. I check my schedule and I had biology and maths. "oi what do you have today?" I asked. "uhhh, biology and maths" she replied. "we have the same lessons today" I stated. "more time to spend with each other huh," she said. "yeah I guess" I answered.

We got to our first lesson, biology, and noticed that both Devon and Stacey were there. Alison pulled me close to her and whispered in my ear, "sit next to me". She sat down at the back and I sat in the seat next to her, the tables were in pairs so Alison and I were a pair. There were a bunch of tasks the teacher assigned us to do on the board and I finished quickly. Alison was still doing the tasks so I just started thinking: does Alison actually like me? Is she just messing with my feelings? What if she hurts me?

I was taken out of my thoughts by Alison putting her hand on mine. She was still doing her work so I don't think she realised. "right, whoever has finished can go stroll through the halls, whoever hasn't finished needs to keep working!" the teacher said. He seemed very strict but nice to everyone who got on with the work. I stood up and took my hand away from Alison's. "oh uh, sorry" she said looking up at me. I winked at her and I could see her blush. I packed everything away and left the classroom.