Thirty-Six

I woke up to Alison shaking me gently. "yo I'm going to the shops, do you want anything?" she asked when I opened my eyes. I really wanted to go to shops too so I asked her, "can I come?". "sure" she smiled. I climbed off my bed and realised Alison was still wearing her cheerleading outfit, it was very short and tight. "you're not wearing that to the shops" I said. "why not?" she asked confused. "because all the boys will be staring at you" I answered. "someone's getting a bit overprotective" she teased as she walked closer to me. "yeah" I said. 

She gently pushed me against the wall by my waist and looked in my eyes. "you really want me to change?" she asked. "y-yeah" I stuttered looking up at her. she walked over to her closet, got some clothes out and went into the bathroom.

A few minutes later she came out wearing a very small crop top and very short shorts. "now you're just purposely annoying me" I stated. "good" she said, "let's go". "hold on, at least put a hoodie on" I replied. I grabbed her arm and tried pulling her back but she was stronger than me so she opened the door and walked out with me trying to pull her back in. "aww you weren't strong enough you little boo-boo" she said in a baby voice. "I'm not little" I answered back annoyed. "you're little to me because I'm taller than you" she replied proudly. I sighed angrily and walked towards the lift and pressed the button to call it.

After a few minutes later the doors opened and about 15 boys in football outfits walked out talking to each other. A few of them looked at Alison and stopped. "hey mamas how you doin?" one of them said. "sorry I'm taken" she replied to him. "you don't look taken when you're dressing like that" another boy said. "maybe I'm not taken then" she smirked. I got annoyed when she said that so I walked into the lift and pressed the button to go down. "wait for no- Alex" she tried getting me to wait but I ignored her. she ran over to the lift but the doors shut before she could get in.

The doors opened on the lower level so I walked out and started making my way to the shops. I didn't actually know where the shops were so I got Google Maps out to find out where they were. I typed in 'shops' and it said the nearest one was 5 minutes away. I started walking in the direction it said to me to go in.

After 10 minutes I wasn't at the shops, I am useless at Google Maps and now I'm lost. I decided to call Alison to ask her to help me find my way back. She answered, "hi". "uh hi, I don't know where I am-". "I don't know either" she cut me off and hung up. I got annoyed and called her again. she answered again. "you're supposed to be my fucking girlfriend and you're not doing a good job of it right now!" I shouted into the phone. "fine I'll pick you up, send me your location" she replied and hung up. I sent her my location and sat on a bench to wait for her.

A few minutes later I saw her car so I opened the door, got in and put my seatbelt on. The car ride back was awkwardly silent.

We got to our room and went on our phones straight away. Jess and Candice came in and sat next to Alison. They started whispering and I couldn't hear them. "what are you talking about?" I asked. "can you tell Alex it's none of her damn business what I talk about," she said to Jess. "she said-". "I know what she said Jess" I cut her off, "can you tell her I want to know what my girlfriend is talking about". "can you tell her I already said its none of her business" Alison replied. "can you tell her I'm trying to be good girlfriend right now" I answered back. "can you tell her I understand why Stacey hated her so much!" Alison hissed. I looked down with nothing to say. "I didn't mean that," Alison said softly as she walked over to me. "right now I'm starting to think you're worse than Stacey," I said on the verge of crying. "no I- I'm better than her" Alison stammered. 

Jess and Candice left the room leaving me and Alison alone. "did you actually mean that?" I asked as a tear rolled down my cheek. "no, I promise I didn't mean it" she replied. She sat down next to me and wrapped her arms around me. "I'm sorry" she whispered. I leaned my head onto her chest and wrapped my arms around her. "you wanna go to the shops now?" she asked. "yeah" I replied. "come on then" she said, "oh wait lemme get something". I gave her a confused look, she went to her closet, grabbed a hoodie, and put it on. "so you don't get upset" she said and winked, "walk or drive?". "I don't mind" I answered. "walk then" she replied. I smiled at her and we walked out of the room holding hands.

We were almost at the shops and I was still curious about what Alison and her friends were whispering about earlier so I asked her, "what were you whispering about earlier?". "about the argument we had and stuff" she replied. I nodded my head.

We got to the shops and I bought some ready salted crisps as usual and Alison got some biscuits and coffee. Alison was going to pay but I quickly got some cash out and paid before she could. "really Alex?" she said. "whattt" I replied. "I was going to pay" she stated. "too bad I did first" I answered back. "you're such a good girlfriend" she cooed and wrapped her arms around me for a few seconds and let go.

Flashback

I wanted to surprise Stacey with some Taco Bell so I went to the local one and got some for me and her. I got back to the house and opened the door. "heyyy, I have Taco Bell!" I yelled. "I already got some" she replied bluntly. "oh, I wanted to surprise you with some," I said. "I don't need you to surprise me with some because I already have some" she raised her voice. "okay, I was just trying to be a good girlfriend" I answered back. "oh trust me, you're such a good girlfriend," she said sarcastically and slapped me across the face. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "aww is the little baby crying" she said sarcastically again and punched me in the jaw. I fell to the floor, curled up in a ball and cried more, Stacey just left me.

End of Flashback

"Hey, Earth to Alex, you alright?" I heard Alison say. "yeah, yeah" I replied. "Alex, you're crying" she answered.