Forty

It got cold in our room really quickly so I was looking for my orange hoodie. "hey, have you seen my orange hoodie?" I asked Alison. "in my car, I borrowed it yesterday" she answered. I went out of the room to her car and found it in the backseat. I was walking back into the building and saw a very tall blonde girl with very revealing clothes. I was going back into the building and saw her getting in the lift. I saw her press the first-floor button so I ran to the lift so I didn't have to wait for it to come back down. 

"hey, cool if I join? I'm going to the same floor as you" I asked. "sure" she smiled. Her voice is very high pitched. "do you know Alison?" she asked out of the blue. "yeah she's my girlfriend" I replied. "what?" she asked, sounding shocked. "I said she's my girlfriend" I repeated. "that's impossible, she's my girlfriend" she started raising her voice. "well this is awkward" I laughed nervously. "er, I'm Carla" she broke the awkwardness. "Alex" I responded.

The lift doors opened and we both got out. "so uh, you know where her room is?" Cara asked. "yeah we have the same room" I answered. She nodded and I led her to mine and Alison's room. when I walked in Carla followed me and we both stood there staring at Alison who was looking at her phone on her bed. She hasn't noticed us yet because she has her headphones on. I walked over to her and slapped her head as hard as I could. She snatched her headphones off and shouted, "what the fuck?!". "I should be saying the same fucking thing!" I yelled back. 

She noticed Carla standing there and jumped off her bed. "no, she's lying" she whispered. "and how do you know what she said in the first place?" I questioned. "because she's my ex and she does that shit" she answered quietly. "you do know that I can hear you really clearly" Carla cut in. "talk outside" she whispered to me. "I know you still love me, I can see it in your eyes," Carla said softly to Alison. Alison sighed at her and walked out. I followed her out of the room but Carla followed us so we ran to her car and locked the doors. "listen, remember when I said if a girl comes here and says she's my girlfriend?" she asked. "yeah?" I responded confused. "that was her, she's my ex and she's very cuckoo in the head" she explained. I nodded my head and got out of the car, Alison got out as well. 

We walked back to our room and saw Carla sitting on Alison's bed. "get out now" Alison told Carla sternly. "aww you can't treat your girlfriend like that" Carla pouted. "get. Out" Alison repeated. "yo Alex, back me up here" Carla said. I shook my head at Carla. "Alison told me the truth. Something you will never be able to do because you're too much of a lying shitty slut" I hissed. Carla looked at me with shock written all over her face and Alison was quietly laughing. Carla scoffed and stormed out. 

Alison fell on the floor and I chuckled at how much she was laughing. She started gasping for air and I was getting a bit worried. I walked over to her and asked, "are you okay?". She nodded and accidentally snorted while laughing which only made her laugh more. "okay, I'll just leave you here while I go on TikTok and look at other girls" I said quietly and walked over to my bed. I got my phone and started scrolling through TikTok and coincidentally my fyp was full of hot girls dancing and stuff like that.

I was really focused on my phone and I didn't realise it had gone 10 minutes. I also just realised that Alison wasn't laughing or on the floor. I looked around and saw her behind me glaring at me annoyed. "nice of you to acknowledge me instead of your TikTok girlfriends" she hissed. "I didn't choose my for you page, it chooses it for me" I defended myself. "you basically just said you watch girls twerking all the time on TikTok" she answered back. "I didn't mean it like that," I said softly. "then why don't you turn your fucking phone off and stop taking little glances at it as if I couldn't see you doing that!" she shouted. I turned my phone off and lowered my head. "I didn't realise you would actually get annoyed if I did that," I said quietly. "you're staring at other girls! Why wouldn't I get annoyed?!" she yelled. 

She quickly raised her hand to hit me and I quickly got off the bed and stood on the other side of the room. She hesitated and lowered her hand. "hey, I didn't mean to do that" she said softly. She walked over to me and I slowly stepped away. "listen, I wouldn't do that okay?" she whispered. I reached for the ring on my finger she gave me and pulled it off. "I don't think this is gonna work" I sniffed and gave her the ring back. "w-what?" she stuttered, her voice breaking. I grabbed my phone and walked out of the room.