Forty-One

Alison's POV

When Alex left the room I went into the bathroom, locked the door, screamed as loud as I could and punched the wall a bit too hard and it made my knuckles bleed a little bit. I heard the main door open quickly and I hoped it was Alex. "Alison!" it was Jess, I'm guessing Candice was with her. "the bathroom door is locked" I heard Candice say. "who screamed then?" Jess asked. "open the door!" Candice shouted. "who's in there!" Jess yelled. "me" I sniffed. "that's Alison," Jess said quietly. I fell to the floor and leaned against the wall. "Alison open the door!" Candice shouted.

I crawled over to the door and unlocked it. They walked in and sat on either side of me. "what's wrong?" Candice asked softly. "Alex broke up with me" I cried. "why?" Jess asked. "we got into an argument and I almost hit her but stopped myself" I explained. "but she can only officially break up with you if she takes the ring off" Candice pointed out. 

I had her ring in my hand so I threw it at the wall to show them. "oh" Jess said. "if I were you I would find Alex and ask to have another chance, you knew her past and you gave her a bad memory, or multiple bad memories from Stacey, get her to forgive you" Jess gave me advice. Candice gave me her ring and I looked at it, surprised it didn't break from how hard I threw it. 

I ran out of the bathroom, got a hoodie and ran out of the room. I thought about where she could have gone and she would have probably gone in the lift and for a walk to clear her mind. I ran to the lift and pressed the button to call it, it opened straight away. I got in quickly and pressed the button to go to the ground floor.

The doors opened and I ran out of the college building. I hesitated before running straight ahead to the park.

I got to the park but no one was there, it was like a ghost park. Jess started calling my phone so I answered, "hey". "er, according to Snap Maps, she's at the beach". "thank you" I hung up. I ran to the beach and saw her walking, she had her hood up and her hands in her hoodie pocket. I ran over to her and walked slowly behind her as I got close to her. 

I saw her subtly getting her keys out and she started walking quickly. "it's just me" I assured her. she put her keys back in her pocket and slowed down. "can I have another chance?" I asked, getting straight to the point. She ignored me and stayed silent. "stop giving me the silent treatment" I ordered. she ignored me again. "it's only gonna be worse for you if you ignore me" I stated. She turned around and I could see she had been crying. "please give me another chance," I asked. "how can I? you broke your promise" she replied. "I'll buy another one if I have to" I responded. "fine" she gave in. "the shop will be closed by now so I'll buy one tomorrow" I smiled. "just give me that one" she responded. I held my hand out for her and she was about to take it when I grabbed her hand and put it on for her. I kissed her cheek and we walked back to the college.