Chapter 7

Dove's POV

When I was little I was always told that when you find your mate than you two wouldn't want to be apart from each other. Well i regret to say that's its all a big fat lie.

Eversince we had our infamous fight over dinner I haven't seen Xavier. He comes home late after I'm sleeping and leaves before I'm awake. The only indication I get that he comes home is his crumpled bedside.

Being deep in my thoughts, I nearly jump out of my skin when Logan greets me. When did he get here, i don't know.

Starring down at my now cold cereal I lose my appetite but thoughts of Xavier still haunt my mind. I wonder if he's still mad.

" Xavier is fine, he just finds it hard to open himself up. I'm thankful that you least care about him." Logan says answering my unasked questions.

Wait, can werewolves read minds?

"Maybe." He says and leaves with a wink. Shaking my head while I smile at Logan's antics. Sometimes I wish that Logan was my mate. He would have been perfect.

I get off the kitchen stool to go and clean my cereal bowl when I bump into logan holding a food tray.

"Here take this to him and apologise." He says while handing me the tray.

I don't have time to react when he thrusts the tray into my hands and pushes me in the direction of Xavier's office. Reaching his office door, I freak out. Taking a deep breathe, I try to knock with the tray in my hands.

"Come in." I hear Xavier's sultry voice that never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Walking in I see him wearing his glasses which he looks totally hot in. Today he is wearing a dark blue round neck sweater with the sleeves rolled up to his sleeves. Veins form an intricate pattern on his arms which i find extremely attractive.

"Hello, I brought you breakfast since I noticed that you haven't had it yet." I say meekly still intimidated by his presence. How can I ask him for truce and for us to be friends if even his presence scares me.

"Um- thanks? You can put it there and leave." He says pointing to the coffee table in front of the couch.

Even though he said I could leave I remain standing too afraid to start a conversion and ask what I truly wanted.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Taking a deep breathe, I start speaking well more of a rant.

"I know we didn't really start off on good foot and I'm partly to blame for that but can we at least be civil with each other and not pretend that the other doesn't exist. If it was up to me I would not be here but the moon goddess saw someone or whatever category she uses to make mate matches but we can at least be friends and we can see from there. Its lonely in here, its just logan and even he spends half of the day with you. So we at least have our meals together? But why I'm asking you are the alpha of the most powerful pack in America and I'm pretty sure you are busy and I'm just a nobody forced upon you to love and you don't actually have to."

I take a breathe after all that and leave before he can reply.

Xavier's POV

To say I was shocked when Dove walked in with the food tray and asking for us to be friends will be an understatement. In a different lifetime I would even loved her but not like this and that's why I'm staying away from her.

"Yo bro can we talk abou-." Logan stops mid sentence and proceeds to tell me that he gave Dove the idea to come and talk to me.

"Listen Xavier, if I wasn't sure about the potential of you both being together and working it out than I wouldn't have pushed Dove to come here. If I found my mate I wouldn't let anything stop me from being with her." Until now Logan hasn't found his mate and I think he is losing hope. I just hope that he finds her or him soon cause he is truly a wonderful guy.

"I'm afraid you know after what happened to her." Thinking about her brings me pain so I would rather bury the memory.

"Nothing will happen to Dove and what happened to her wasn't your fault. Take your chance before it's gone." With that he leaves me in my own thoughts.

Maybe this isn't such a bad thing. Maybe I can try and be the man she wants me to be. Just maybe.

Author's Note

Hi, loves. It's been awhile. I was feeling uninspired to write but now I'm back and expect two updates every week.

I hope you like this update and don't forget to: COMMENT, SHARE, LIKE.

Love, Ria.