Chapter 13

Dove's POV

It's been a few days since my injury and to say that I'm thankful for it would be an understatement. This injury has allowed me to be closer to Xavier in ways that I would have thought was impossible under normal circumstances.

Every morning Xavier would carry me to the bathroom for me to do my morning routine and dress. After that he would carry me downstairs to have breakfast. He even moved his work to his home office so that he could assist me better. What more could a girl ask for.

Looking at the left side of the bed where he sleeps I find it empty and just as I was about to call out for him the bedroom door opens revealing Xavier only wearing black sweatpants that are hanging low on his hips. His abs and the v below them are on full display.

My oh my, what a sight to behold.

“Loving the view?” He asks while smirking.

“I’ve seen better on a magazine cover.” After my reply I could see his jaw clench. Oops.

We don’t talk anymore after that and we just follow our regular routine. After breakfast he tells me that he has work to do in the pack house which is strange since there isn’t anyone else to help me apart for him due to the fact that he lives alone.

I can’t believe he left me here alone. How am I supposed to use the toilet if I want to pee? What am I supposed to do if I get hungry? I can’t just stand up and walk to the kitchen to get myself food. I know Xavier is a busy man running this huge pack plus a thriving business and he has tried his best to take care of me. But he can’t leave his partially crippled mate in this huge house to fend for herself. The least he could do was leave someone with me but nooo.

As I was contemplating the various ways to end my stupid mate’s life the doorbell rang. Well that is just f-ing great. I yell its open and the last person I expect to see walks in.

“Why are you ringing the bell when you’ve keys?” I question Logan. I didn’t expect to see him here because whenever Xavier is in the pack house those two will be glued together. If I didn’t know better I would say there were together.

“Well I wanted to see if you could walk now.” I never knew Logan was more stupid than Xavier it’s not even a week since I hurt my foot.

“You know that some of us can’t heal at the speed of lightning whenever we are hurt.”

I HATE it when im reminded that im the only human in the midst of all these werewolves. Watching them everyday flaunt their powers and take them for granted. That is something I’ve always wanted, to finally be a part of them and to feel accepted.

“Where is Xavier?” Logan’s question drove me out of my self-pity.

“Isn’t he at the pack house? Cause that is where he told me he will be.”

Suddenly i'm concerned. Why would Xavier lie to me? I know that we aren’t close and everything we shared these past few days was just because I can’t walk and he was being a good person by helping me. I would like to think we are at least friends.

Just as I was about to grill Logan some more about Xavier’s strange disappearance, he walks through the door and he wasn’t alone. Recognising the blonde hair I immediately tense up. What is she doing here? Did she come to finish my other leg?

Seeing my distress Xavier immediately comes to my side to help me calm down.

“Breathe love, breathe. Just follow my voice.” After a while of Xavier guiding me to calm down I start to feel a little bit better.

Damn these pesky panic attacks, I haven’t had one in a while. Now I get one and especially in front of the person who injured me.

“Luna, im deeply sorry for the bullying and subsequently the injury on your leg. I won’t happen again.” She says looking directly in my eyes.

“Did you come here on your own free will or did Xavier force you to come?”

“To tell you the truth I never had the plan of apologising to you but when Xa- I mean Alpha came and showed me the error in my ways I reconsidered.” There is something still fishy about this girl especially when she addressed her alpha by his first name.

I want to know her true intentions in coming here so I ask Xavier and Logan who has been quiet this whole time to leave us. I know she won’t do anything since she knows that the boys will be listening.

“You know I think you aren’t being honest with me but I gotta thank you. It’s because of you that I get to spend the whole day everyday in his arms. We have gotten closer in ways I didn’t think was possible and it’s all because of you so for that I grateful.”

Even though her face is calm there is fury inside those eyes. Before she could reply they walk back in and ask her to leave. Looking between Xavier and her I could see fear in her eyes. I don’t know what Xavier told or done to her for her to be that afraid but I hope that she stays away long enough for me to get my wolf so that I can stand a chance with me even though I might have to wait forever since I don’t see Xavier and I completing the mate bond anytime soon.

Please don’t forget to comment and clicking the little star button. ❤❤