Chapter 25

Dove’s POV

Things have gone from bad to worse. Xavier and Logan who were once like brothers nowadays don’t even talk to each other. Even though Xavier doesn’t say it I know he misses him so I’m staging an invention where hopefully Logan can see that his mate is manipulative bitch and things can go back to how they were.

I text Logan asking him to come but as expected he refuses. The only way to get him here was to tell him that I’m in pain and Xavier isn’t around. I know its stupid why would I ask my best friend to come instead of my mate who is the baby’s father but Logan doesn’t question it and agrees.

Convincing Xavier isn’t that hard so I just him if we could watch a movie together which he agrees without a second thought. Halfway through the movie Logan walks in and as soon as he sees Xavier he is ready to leave.

“Logan, please wait. We want to talk to you as friends. Please.” I beg once I reach him. He gives a ‘what are you doing’ look but concedes and heads back inside.

“Logan, you and Xavier have been friends ever since you were children. Xavier tells me that you were there for him when nobody was. You two are like brothers so why let your bond go to waste just because you have found your mate?” I start but as soon as I mention her his eyes turn dark and for the first time I actually afraid of him. This isn’t the Logan I know.

“She isn’t the best influence on you mate. I know you love her but love doesn’t mean supporting every decision she makes even though they are wrong and may harm the pack. Please do the right thing for the pack but especially yourself. I’m always here for you my brother.” Xavier says.

“What do you know about love huh? Weren’t you the one who was treating his mate like shit? It’s because of my advice that now you lead this perfect life but I know the real you. Tell me have you told Dove here about your past? How you like mur-“Logan doesn’t get to finish his sentence since Xavier is Logan by the neck against the wall. His claws are exposed and I’m afraid one wrong move and he may puncture Logan’s neck.

Even though Logan has sharp claws next to his face and neck he doesn’t look fazed, he looks almost amused.

“Looks like I hit a nerve.” He says with a chuckle but his eyes tell a different story. His eyes are dark and ready to pounce on Xavier.  What happened to him?

“Xavier let him go.” I tell him while touching his shoulders since this standoff isn’t beneficial for anymore. Eventually Xavier lets him go and Logan being stupid kept on taunting him which earned him a punch to the face. Well there goes any chance of reconciliation.

Later that night I lay awake alone in bed. Xavier has locked himself in his office and hasn’t come out since Logan was here. I think what he said really got to him and that’s also the thing that has been plaguing my mind. What did Logan mean when he said has Xavier told me about his past, what past did he mean? I know Xavier doesn’t have the best track record but it can’t be that bad right?

Hearing the door open I pretend I’m asleep since right now I don’t have the strength to deal with him. I feel him coming closer and kissing my forehead. I can smell alcohol on his breathe which makes me want to throw up. I take deep breathes when he finally heads into the bathroom hopefully he would brush his teeth to remove some of that stench.

***

I realise a large groan when I notice there isn’t anything salty enough in the fridge to curb my cravings. I HATE pregnancy cravings. Deciding on chunky peanut butter and carrot sticks I start heading towards Xavier’s office when I hear the front door opening.

“Where’s Xavier?” What is this bitch doing here? Turning around I see her wearing a grey trench coat. Not wanting to deal with her craziness I just say in his office. Well she just ruined a beautiful cuddle moment I had planned.

As I lay on the couch still fuming and furiously biting my carrot sticks I hear shouting and minutes later I see her running out the front door desperately pulling her trench coat close. My curiosity was piqued and I have to get to the bottom of this. Walking into Xavier’s office I find him drowning a glass of scotch with his eyes completely black.

“What happened?”

“Nothing to worry yourself about.” He says turning his back to me. Something clearly happened if he is behaving like this. I don’t quit asking until he tells me. He tells me that Olivia came here to seduce him and she wasn’t wearing anything underneath that trench coat. Now I know the reason why she was desperately clutching to it. I’m going to murder her since she crossed a line that shouldn’t be crossed.

“Don’t go to her. She’s crazy and I’m afraid to what she would do to you and our baby.” Xavier tells me, stopping me from putting the bitch in her place. Even though I agree, I still plan on confronting her. I can protect myself and our child especially now since I’m a full fledge werewolf. I wait until Xavier is preoccupied with a phone call and take my leave. Its time to throw out the garbage.

“Come out bitch.” I shout when I get to Logan’s place. Right now I don’t care if Logan is inside and hears me, its due time that he realises what type of mate he has.

“Whats the problem Dove? Please come inside.” She says in her nauseating sweet voice which I would have fallen for once upon a time.

Against my better judgement I head inside to see Logan in a chair with what looks like silver rods tied around him, his mouth is taped shut. He is struggling against his restraints but it seems the more he is struggling the tighter they get. How did she get rods to bend and tie around a person especially a werewolf beta? Unless…

“You finally realised it didn’t you? Yes, I’m a witch well partly since my good for nothing father was a werewolf. Oh and I know everything about you Camilla.” She says with a sadistic smile. How could she do this to Logan, her mate? A mate who gave her everything and condoned everything she did.

I need to do something to help Logan. I run towards him trying to pull the rods away but I only got burnt. Times like these I wish I was still human so I could somehow help Logan.

I feel my hair being pulled as I’m still trying to find a way to help Logan. “Stop helping that idiot. He doesn’t deserve it.” She says as she drags us outside.

Looking back I see Logan frantically trying to free himself but we both know that it’s futile and our best hope is Xavier finding us.