Chapter 18

Dove's POV

Waking up I'm greeted with the sight of a sleeping Xavier. A lonely curl fell on his forehead and I couldn't resist the urge of swiping it away.

"Mmh, that feels nice." I let out a small squeal when I heard his voice.
I thought he was asleep.

"You scared me." I say with a hand on my chest to calm my racing heart.

"Sorry, love. How are you this morning." Love. Whatever made him change his mind about us than I'm thankful and hope he never reverts back to his old self.

After my little fright, Xavier gets out of bed and stretches. He is only wearing his pajama bottoms leaving his glorious chest and abs bare. The way the muscles moved as he stretched gave me life.

~
"Dove, may you please get those glasses." Right now I'm in the kitchen with the other lunas helping to make breakfast.

Most of the people here are super nice and I've also learnt that luna Marisol is actually human. If she could run a great pack like this without even having wolf since she is fully human unlike me than I could do it too.

"Dove?" A familiar voice calls me as I place the glasses on the table.

Turning around I come face to face with my brother's deep brown eyes. Honestly I'm not really shocked to see him here since dad has been letting him do a lot of his alpha duties as he is planning to retire.

"Danny. How have you been? I've missed you." I ask all exicted to see my brother after so long.

"You could have visited but as I can see you are occupied with your so called mate." He replies with malice in his words. I know he was against me leaving with Xavier but I didn't think he would hold a grudge until now.

"You reek of that mutt." He says since I'm wearing Xavier's sweater. He scrunches his face for extra effect.

I pretend I didn't hear him and ask about home and how our parents are doing even though I speak to mum every other day.

He ignores my question and instead insists that I reject Xavier so that I could go back with him. I know he's worried about me but this is just too much.

"She isn't going anywhere with you even though she is your sister." Xavier replies before I get the chance to. He makes his presence known and comes to stand right in the middle of Daniel and I.

"Well if it isn't the so called alpha. What are you going to do about it, kill me like how you killed your parents and uncle?"

Before I even could blink Xavier is holding my brother by the neck against the wall with such force that the wall has produced a crack. If my brother wasn't a full fledged werewolf than right now I would be planning his funeral.

"Don't you ever talk about things that you have no idea about or else I'll forget that your are my mate's brother." He replies in a tone I have never heard him use before.

Fearing for my brother life I place a hand on Xavier's forearm begging him to realise Daniel.

"Xavier, please let him go. He's not worth it." He turns to look at me and I nearly gasp. He eyes are a turmoil of emotions from sadness, pain, anger and an unknown emotion.

My poor baby.

Xavier releases him and Daniel falls to the ground coughing. Growing up Daniel always had a rebellious streak but I hoped he left it behind but I can see that isn't the case. Today I'm deeply disappointed in him and it would have been better if dad come instead of him.

"You see what that mate of yours who you protect so fiercely did to me? He almost killed me and you are just standing there. He must have some really good dick if you are complacent with him murdering your brother." His words are full of malice and I wonder what happened to me. For the first time in my life I slapped him.

"You brought it on yourself Daniel and his dick gives me more happiness than all the days I spent at home being bullied for something I couldn't control." Yes I know that I lied but he doesn't need to know that.

Even though I was treated as a princess at home but the school kids always found a way to remind how different I was from everybody else. Even though in Xavier's pack I got bullied as well but at least the pack members are afraid of crossing their alpha.

With that Xavier clutches my hand and drags me through the small crowd that has formed around us. He leads me towards our room. We stop in front of the bed where he takes off his sweater that I'm wearing leaving me only in my bra. Next he makes me sit on the bed while he crouches down to remove my shoes. After he's done he gently pushes me on the bed. I don't know what he plans to do and to be honest I'm not nervous even though we haven't done anything this intimate apart from kissing, once. I trust him completely.

Watching him while propped up on my elbows he removes his shoes and shirt giving me a view of his magnificent abs. He pushes me back down on the bed as he lays on top of me. He rests his head on my chest while his arms wrap around me. I automatically start to run my fingers through his hair which earned some low moans from him.

We lay like that for what feels like forever and I couldn't be happier. This was what mum was talking about when she said having a mate is the best thing to happen to a person. Even though no words were exchanged between us I felt like I understood him. Sometimes all you need is comfort without explaining yourself.

Eventually my thoughts run back to his parents and his sudden burst of anger. Nobody really knows what happened to his parents as he moved here aged ten with his uncle and his family. Even then the disappearance of his uncle is a mystery to many and I don't want to think that I love a murderer.

Looking down at him I can tell he's asleep. I kiss his hair and wish him a goodnight. Today was a long day for us both. Lastly i tell him the words I long to tell him one day.

I love you Xavier Adams

Hey loves,

Share your thoughts in the comments and show some love with a star tap! 🌟