Chapter 14

Dove’s POV

I wake up as the light hits my eyes. I glare at Xavier since he is opening the curtains and has interrupted my beauty sleep. Like seriously let a girl rest. After ruining my sleep he helps me with my daily morning routine and I would like to say that I’m not shy anymore but I would be lying.

Recently I’ve been thinking if he’s as affected as I am. Does he feel the same butterflies deep in his stomach whenever I’m in his arms? Does he ever want to hold me closer and never let go? Cause I feel all that and more. I know I’ve fallen for him and these feelings of mine might just be unrequited but how can I ask him what he feels when I’ve never had a boyfriend and I don’t even have someone to talk to. I mean Logan is my friend but when push comes to shove his loyalty will always be with his alpha.

“Are you okay?” Xavier asks as he sits me on the dining room table.

“I’m fine.” I reply getting out of my reverie.

“Are you sure, because I’ve asked you what you want for breakfast but you didn’t answer me.”

“You know what I’m not fine. I-I-I I want crepes with Nutella and strawberries for breakfast. Thanks.”

Whats wrong with me? Why did I freeze and stammer like that?
Xavier smiles at my breakfast choice. He usually cooks us breakfast than Annie, a wonderful women in her mid-forties comes to help us clean the house and cook the rest of the meals. I try to help her as much as I can but without crutches there isn’t much I can do.

My thoughts take hold of me once again until Xavier places a plate of crepes in front of me. He has folded the crepes in triangular shapes with Nutella oozing out of them. On top he has placed chopped strawberries in a smiley face with a dollop of Nutella in the centre to act as the nose. I didn’t know what I did to deserve him but I’m thankful.

“Thanks.” He just smiles as a response. Did I ever mention that he’s smiling more now?

We eat in a peaceful silence until Xavier decides he wants me to commit his murder.

“Why do you even like that gooey, sticky, sugary mess?”

Mess? My Nutella is NOT a mess.

“How dare you call the greatest invention to mankind a mess?” To think I actually liked him, maybe even loved.

“Sorry, I didn’t know that you like that thing more than you like your own mate.” He replies.

Even though he is smiling I can see that he might actually be thinking that I like Nutella more than him which is impossible. So to solve this problem I decide to make him try Nutella.

Tearing of a piece of the crepe with the fork and knife, I bring the fork closer to his mouth. The shocked bewildered look on his face will be something I treasure forever. If looks could kill my hand along with the fork would have disintegrated right there and then. But eventually he opens his mouth after countless pleading and the use of my puppy dog eyes.

I could tell he likes it but he’s just too proud to say it.

After breakfast, he removes the dishes and I offer to help but he refuses. He leaves after giving me my pain medication and not long after Annie arrives and thus begins my long day of sitting in front of the TV doing nothing. I wish my ankle heals fast so that I could help Xavier with some of the work.

~~~
Its evening now and I’m alone since Annie already left and Xavier hasn’t returned. I’m worried about him since it looks like its going to rain and I dint want him to get sick. Its an irrational fear since werewolves especially alphas can’t be harmed with something as insignificant like that but here I am worried to death. If this is love than its tiring. Just as I was to about to call him he enters.

I stand up and “walk” as best as I could towards him and hug him. Since he is freakishly tall for my 5’2 height and him being 6’0 I end lying my head on his chest. I could feel his heart beat faster than normal even for werewolves and I’m glad that he isn’t completely heartless.

After a few minutes I want to pull away when he arms actually warp around me. Being surrounded with is cologne and his body heat is heaven. Its official I’ve fallen for Alpha Xavier Adams and there is nothing I could do now.

We stay like that for I don’t know how long until I feel him push me away. I was disappointed until I felt him left up my chin with his finger and thumb so that we are looking into each other’s eyes.

“Dove, is everything ok?” he asks for the second time that day.

“I’m fine, I was just worried about you since it was going to rain and you still weren’t back.”

“I’m fine and don’t worry I can take care of myself.” He replies.

The most amazing thing happened after saying those words. He kissed my forehead, maybe these feelings aren’t so one sided as I thought.

~~

I decide I’m going to help him set the dinner table whether he like it or not until the power cuts off and we are left in the dark. I HATE the dark since it’s another things that reminds me that I’m different from everyone else. You see werewolves can see in the dark whereas I can’t.

I let Xavier finish as I sit down and wait for him. He lights some candles so it feels like we are on a date having a candle lit dinner. The thought of that never happening makes me lose my appetite. He notices it and doesn’t say anything. He cleans the table and I take that chance to wobble over to the window to watch the rain fall. Watching rain fall always calmed me down.

Xavier comes to sit next to me but I don’t pay him any attention. He tries to make a conversion but I answer him in monosyllable words. When I couldn’t take this feeling any more, this feeling of wanting to tell him how I feel but i know i can’t. I leave him sitting there but he grabs my hand and pushes me against the wall.

“Tell me whats wrong love, please. Don’t leave me in this state of wonder.”
His pleading voice and how anguish was written all over his face was my undoing.

“You know since I was a child I’ve loved the idea of mates. That one day you will find that person who completes you in ways you didn’t even know were missing. Then I met you, you were cold and serious but I was still excited, more than excited, I was mesmerised. I thought wow this is the person who I would love and would love me with everything I am.”

“But as I moved here and got to know you better I was intrigued. I know I don’t know everything about you but I liked you. Then I tore my ligaments and you were the best mate ever and I fell for you even more but I started to think maybe you don’t like me or you don’t find me attractive enough since everyday you see me naked but you don’t do anything. Don’t get me wrong you are the perfect gentleman but do I repulse you?”

I can’t believe I said all that. Due to the embarrassment of saying all that I look down and he repeats the process of lifting it up.

“I didn’t expect to find my mate when I came to your ex-pack and to tell the truth I didn’t even want a mate but here you are. With me.

You don’t repulse me and you don’t know how much self-control I exercise to help you in the morning. I just want to take you against the bathroom wall but I know you won’t like it. I feel everything twice as much as you do from the butterflies to the sparks and I hate it because I know that one day you will leave me too and I’ll be broken.You say you have fallen for me but what is there to like? I’m a monster inside and out."

I couldn’t take him talking about himself like that so I stand on my tippy toes and kiss him.

Please don’t forget to comment and hitting the little star button.❤️❤️