Chapter 22

Dove’s POV

It’s been two weeks since I’ve started training and I’ve gotta say I’m doing better. I just pinned Xavier’s wolf yesterday in training and I know he may have let me win but nevertheless im proud of myself. Currently I’m watching Lucifer and daydreaming about Tom Ellis. I mean between his British accent, his singing and the chemistry between him and Chloe I can tell why the show is so beloved.

I hear my name being called during the middle of Tom Ellis’ rendition of I will Survive by Gloria Gaynor. “I’m sorry Luna but the alpha wants to see you in his office.” A small shaky voice says. Turning around I’m greeted by a girl not older 17. So with a heavy heart I turn Lucifer off with a promise to finish him later and follow the girl to pack house where Xavier’s main office is.

“What’s your name?”

“My name’s Agatha, Luna.” She says and keeps on walking. Wait did she just call me Luna? I mean I dint know how things work in this pack but I know a ceremony has to be performed before a woman is called Luna and I don’t remember doing such thing.

Soon we arrive at the pack house and the first person I when I enter is the bitch who bullied and subsequently lead me to tear my ligaments but that incident was a blessing in disguise since without it I don’t think Xavier and I would be as close as we are now. She doesn’t greet me but just gives me a nasty side eye. Bring it on bitch, I can fight you now.

“You can leave now Agatha, thanks for the escort. Also you would please tell the others not to bother us because I’ve got some important things to discuss with my mate.” I say turning around to face her. I can clearly see the bitch listening to us so why not give her something to choke at.

“Ok, Luna.” She says and disappears outside. The pack house is available only for pack officials, their mates and families which makes sense why that bitch is here. She is Logan’s cousin and I can’t make sense how Logan is so sweet and caring while she is just a menace and a poor excuse of a human.

Entering Xavier’s office I see him with his head bent reading some sort of document. He looks so cute concentrating on the piece of paper while he plays with a pencil in his hand.

“I’m not cute. I’m hot.” HE says with a smirk looking up from his paper. Sometimes I forget that Xavier can read my thoughts now that we have completed the mating ritual. “Come here and I’ll show you how cute I can be.” He says whiling patting his lap. Being the obident mate I am I do what I’m told.

I try to make myself comfortable but there is a putrid smell coming from somewhere in this room and upon closer inspection i realise its coming from Xavier. I know I said I loved the way he smells but maybe he changed his perfume which could be the cause of the smell.

“What’s wrong” He asks when he sees my nose curled up.

“You smell horrible.” The look of shock and surprise on his face was priceless and I would have laughed if it wasn’t for the vomit that was making its way up. Dashing up from his lap I make a beeline for the ensuite bathroom.

Xavier's footsteps were fast following mine as he approached the bathroom. The soft glow of the afternoon sun spilled out from under the door, revealing a sliver of concern on his face. As he pushed the door open, he found me hunched over the toilet, with my shoulder trembling.

"Dove?" Xavier's voice carried a mix of worry and confusion. "Are you okay?"

I looked up, my eyes reflecting both embarrassment and distress. "I'm fine," I muttered weakly, attempting to compose myself but he could tell it was BS due to my pale complexion and the beads of sweat on my forehead telling a different story.

Xavier knelt beside me, his hand gently rubbing my back. "You don't look fine. What happened?"

I hesitated, then sighed. "I've been feeling nauseous lately. I thought it was just a bug or something."
Concern etched deeper lines on his face. "You should see a doctor, Dove. This doesn't sound normal."

"No, no doctors," I insisted, my voice shaky. I HATE doctors mostly because all they do is want to prick me with their needles and I would rather just take medicine but I know I can’t take the effective medicine if I don’t know whats wrong with me. Standing up, I reply "I'll be okay."

But before i could protest further, my legs gave way, and i slumped against the bathroom floor. Xavier's worry escalated into panic.

"Dove!" He scrambled for his phone, dialling the doctor's number with trembling hands. As he waited for the call to connect, he cradled me in his arms, my face pale against his chest. Being this close to Xavier makes me want to puke again but I hold it in.

The doctor's calm voice on the other end urged Xavier to bring me in immediately and within moments, we were in the doctor's office, with the sterile scent of antiseptic filling the air. I might be weird or it’s my sudden unexplained condition but right now the hospital smell smells heavenly better than my mate.

After a series of tests, Xavier pacing and my excessive need to puke was too much to bare until the doctor delivered surprising news. "Congratulations, you two. Dove, you're four weeks pregnant."

Xavier's eyes widened, and he glanced at me, who wore a mix of shock and disbelief. The room seemed to spin, but beneath the whirlwind of emotions, a profound joy emerged.

"We're going to have a baby," Xavier whispered, his voice filled with awe.

My lips curved into a hesitant smile, my hand finding Xavier's. "Yeah, we are."

The doctor offered us advice, prescriptions, and a warm congratulation before she left. After the doctor Xavier couldn't contain his excitement. "I can't believe it, Dove. A baby!" He says with the biggest smile I’ve ever seen him with.

I laughed, the sound melodic and infectious. "It's surreal, but I think I'm starting to get used to the idea."

The rest of the day unfolded in a cosy blur. After we got back from the pack hospital, Xavier cocooned ourselves in blankets, indulging in a Lucifer marathon. I’m surprised that he is watching it with me today when he usually hates it. I conclude that it must be the baby. Xavier's affectionate gestures were a constant presence—a hand on my belly, a soft kiss on my forehead, and whispered words of endearment. I couldn’t ask for more.

As they watched the screen, Xavier couldn't shake the words on the tip of his tongue. "Dove," he began, his gaze lingering on her. "I... I..."

I was so excited when I heard the start of that sentence since he said nothing when I confessed my feelings only to hold me tighter and kissing my forehead.  Instead of saying the words I longed to hear, he settled for a heartfelt, "I'm so grateful for this, for you.”

I turned to him, my eyes sparkling with a mix of emotions since I can’t really force him if he isn’t ready so I settled with. "Me too, Xavier. Me too."

We lingered in the warm embrace of the moment, savouring the anticipation of parenthood. The day unfolded like a love story, the script written by shared glances, gentle touches, and the promise of a new beginning.
In the quiet hours of the evening, as the credits rolled on another episode, Xavier said the words I’ve always wanted. He whispered, "I love you, Dove."

My eyes met his, and a soft smile played on my lips. "I love you too, Xavier."