Chapter 10

Xavier's POV

Its been a few months ever since I found my mate and these few months have been interesting at best.

Currently I'm having a meeting with Logan on how to strengthen our pack protection since there have been some rogues who stupidly thoughts it was okay for them to try and harm my pack.

Even though this is a very important meeting but my thoughts run off to the image of my mate and how astonishing she can be. I still can't believe she fulfilled one of my greatest wishes and how she didn't run away when I told her that little piece of my past.

"Earth to Xavier. Are you even listening to me?" Logan says while loudly snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Yes, I'm listening. My mind was a little  preoccupied." I reply while shaving his fingers away from my face.

"You need to ask her out. It's been months and the two haven't even been on a real date yet."

"Don't you think I'll be overstepping our agreement. I mean I would love to take her out but what if she rejects me or is content with our arrangement and wants to stay friends?" I ask him. Dove is a beautiful woman and I'll love to take the next step with her in our relationship but I'm afraid of the consequences and her actions if I reveal how much she means to me.

"Listen to me X, Dove likes you alot and I can see the feeling is mutual so why not act on it? I know you are afraid but if you don't take a leap of faith, you may never know how good it can get between the both of you."

I know what Logan is saying is right so with a deep breathe I stand up from my desk and after asking him if looked okay, I started my journey to find my mate and ask her out on a date.

Being lost in my thoughts I didn't realise I bumped into Dove.

"Ouch. Are you made of steel or something?" She says rubbing her forehead.

"I'm so sorry I didn't see you there." I apologise since its basically my fault I bumped into her.

I lead her downstairs into the kitchen and get her an icepack for her bruised forehead. Gathering enough courage I speak what's has been on my mind recently.

"Maybe later we can go out somewhere for coffee." What did I say? I didn't even ask her. I mentally face palm myself from that awful sentence. I'm terrible at this

"Coffee?"

"Well, if you don't like coffee than we can do anything you like maybe go out for ice cream or anything. But it isn't a must only if you want to." I hate myself. Why can't I just say 'will you go out with me?' Insted of rambling like an idiot.

She doesn't reply and I start to think this was a terrible idea and I shouldn't have believed Logan when he said Dove liked me. No one can like me or even love me. The two people who did are dead and I'm to blame.

I turn around to head back to my office and try to forget this ever happened even though my heart feels heavy. I head her voice as I start climbing the stairs.

"Wait, I would love to go out with you if that was what you were asking." Hearing her words brings a smile to my face.

"Thanks, be ready in a hour. Dress comfortably." I tell her. I should start listening to Logan more often.

-

An hour later, Dove is in black skinny jeans with a white top and black sneakers with her hair pulled up into a high ponytail. It's simple bit she looks exquisite. Today I plan on showing her around the pack and afterwards if she desires we can go anywhere she likes.

We start walking and I contemplate on whether I should take her hand or not.

"Where are we going?" She asks.

"I want to show you around the pack since you never to the chance to see it." It's just now that I realise that I have a huge pack with alot of land to cover and walking isn't going to cut it. Suddenly I got an idea. Telling Dove to stay put, I go behind a tree and shift into my large midnight black wolf.

Emerging from the behind the tree i can tell she's shocked since she recognised me. I lay down in front of her and indicate with my head that she should get on. I feel her grip tightly to my fur as I stand up and take off. I hear her laugh as the wind passes through her hair, I glad she's having fun.

After showing her everything I could, I sprint back home where I found Logan outside holding a pair of my clothes. He places the clothes on my back after Dove has gotten off and I trout towards a tree to change.

"So what do you want to do now." I ask her after I've changed.

"I saw an ice cream shop nearby, maybe we can go there." That ice cream shop is owned by a sweet elderly couple and run by their son.

"So Luke is your wolf." She sates rather than asks when she realises the wolf she meet when she run away from home is actually my wolf.

I smile as conformation, something I've been doing a lot lately in her presence.

We arrive at the ice cream shop and for a minute everyone is surprised seeing their elusive alpha there but when they notice my glaring they return to want they were doing.

"How may I help you today?" A waitress asks us once we are seated. We are seated opposite each other in a booth close to the window.

"I'll have neopolitan ice cream please."

The waitress' gaze turns to me indicating she wants to know my choice of ice cream. I choose plain old vanilla.

I sense everyone in this shop is questioning who Dove is and why am I in an ice cream shop with her, since I've never been known to have a woman by my side. I know most pack members thought i was gay. Well they can keep on wondering until I'm ready and have made sure that nothing will hurt Dove when I introduce her to the world.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Don’t forget to Comment or Vote.
Love, Ria