Chapter 23

Dove’s POV

Standing in in front of the mirror holding my shirt up i stare at my still flat stomach. Where my bump? Is there something wrong with the baby?

“It takes a while for it to show, even for us werewolves.” Xavier says while coming to hug me from behind and placing his hands on top of mine.

I’m thankful things are working themselves out. If someone told me a year ago that all this would happen I would have probably laughed in their faces and probably send them to a mental health facility but here I am. I’ve got a loving mate, a best friend, I’ve got my wolf and Xavier and I are expecting our very first child. Life couldn’t get more fulfilling.

“That’s enough standing for you, you need to have some rest before your parents arrive.” Xavier says while carrying me to bed. Xavier thought of inviting my parents in order to tell them about my pregnancy since I haven’t seen them in a long time. Danny isn’t coming since I don’t want to push him too far considering Xavier will be here.

With one last kiss to my forehead he leaves me to sleep. I fall asleep thinking about whether the baby will look like me or Xavier and if they will be a boy or girl.

Xavier’s POV

“How’s daddy duty going? My idiotic friend states with his feet on my table. Dove and I told him after we found out.

“Please get your feet off my table and it’s not born yet but it going great.” Who would have thought that I would have a child and fall in love after everything I went through?  Don’t go there Xavier.

“When can we start planning for the Luna ceremony?” Logan’s voice pulls me out of my reverie. The Luna ceremony is about welcoming the Luna to the pack and for her to swear her allegiance to the pack. The ceremony also grants the new Luna to mind link with everyone not just her mate. Its something that has been evading my mind but it needs to be done especially now that she pregnant.

“Soon.”

Logan and I keep discussing about pack matters when I get the notification that Dove’s parents are here. Existing my office I find Markus and Savannah at the bottom of the stairs near the door. I’m actually nervous seeing Markus again since the last we talked I wasn’t exactly friendly with him and I hope that Daniel didn’t tell him about our fight.

Eventually I stand in front of them and im shocked when Savannah pulls me into a hug. It feels weird o be hugged. I mean Dove and I hug all the time but that’s different. I haven’t had a maternal figure hug me in a very long time.

“I’m sorry, Dove told me you don’t like to be touched.” She says after pulling away. Markus pulls her closer as if to protect her from me. Did I really leave such a horrible impression that he feels the need to protect his mate from me?

You idiot, you threatened to destroy his pack if he didn’t allow his daughter to leave with you. My wolf reminds. I was such a d*ck back then and it’s a miracle that Dove learned to love me from all that.

“No worries. Why don’t you have a seat and I’ll have someone bring your bags upstairs while I go and wake up Dove.” I quickly go back the way I came to escape that awkward situation.

“Wake up love, your parents are here.” I say while running my fingers through her hair. Hearing that she quickly gets up and heads to the bathroom to freshen up. I know that Dove is now a werewolf and can take care of herself but I’m scared of how reckless she sometimes is. It’s not only her now but there’s a life growing in her.

She flies down the stairs and directly in her parents arms. I’m happy for her that she finally gets to see them after so long. I leave them since it feels like I’m intruding in their reunion and head into my office when I hear my name being called. Turning around I come face to face with my father in law.

“Damn, now I see why you were disgusted with my office back home.” He says once we enter my office.

“I’m truly sorry for acting like that. Actually I’m sorry for the way I acted the whole time I was in your pack. You have a beautiful pack and you are a great leader.” Markus looks at me like he doesn’t believe me and I don’t blame him since I don’t have the best record.

Markus coming here made me realise a fear I didn’t think was possible. What if he takes Dove away? What if Dove realises she misses her parents more than she loves me? Will I be able to live without her?

“I truly wanted to hate you when I first saw but my daughter begged me to accept since you were her mate and her chance to true love. Sometimes I wished I didn’t say yes but seeing what I saw today and what Daniel told me, I can tell you care for her deeply.” To say I’m shocked would be an understatement.

“I love your daughter sir.”

“Call me dad.”

~~~

“We’re pregnant!” Dove exclaims holding my hand. Savanah squeals when she hears the news and goes to hug her. Meanwhile Markus taps my back congratulating me. Dove and her mother soon leave the table to discuss baby names and all things related. Markus and I finish our lunch in silence and for the first I hang out with a person other than Logan.

We head back to my office where I keep my alcohol collection. I open a bottle of red wine while he takes a seat on the sofa. He starts to tell me about Dove’s childhood. He tells how she started dancing at the age five but an injury to her ankle prevented her from attending her Julliard Audition.

She’s a pilot and a dancer? Wow!

Markus keeps telling me about how she was teaching young children how to dance even though it would hurt her but she would say seeing joy in the kids’ faces was enough for her. Dove is an exceptional woman and I’m glad she is having our baby since I know how much she loves children.

We continue talking until I get a mind link from one of my border patrol guards saying they have caught a rogue. I don’t know why they are mind linking me since they know the protocol on what to do when they catch those cursed creatures. The only exception to the rule are children and that’s after extensive investigation.

When he tells me it a woman im surprised since woman and children rogues aren’t that common so against my better judgement i tell Markus whats up and he volunteers to look after Dove while im away.

I take the jeep since I don’t feel like running today. Getting there I see a woman not much older than Dove in tattered clothes and barefoot. She’s a couple of inches shorter than me which is surprising since most female wolves are shorter than the average male. She seems to have brown hair but it’s so dirty that actually figuring out her hair colour is hard.

“What’s your name?” I ask her but she cowers away. Looking at her there is something in me that is alarmed but I just can’t put my finger on it.

Before she could answer I hear the word mate being growled. Turning around I come face to face with Logan