Chapter 6

Dove's POV

The first few days that I've been here at Blue Moon have been uneventful. I would wake up, get ready, have breakfast, than probably watch movies and by any luck I would see a glimpse of my so called mate. Even though Xavier and I share a room i go to sleep alone and wake up alone.

I miss home.

After deciding to call mum, i nearly tear up when i hear her angelic voice. She asks the usual on how I'm doing here. Should i lie to her and say that everything is fine or should i just come out with the truth?

"I wish that everything was fine but it isn't. I miss you and everybody back home since the people here treat me like I’m invisible.” I say deciding to tell her everything.

"Darling, getting accustomed to always having someone around is difficult, especially for a person like Xavier who lived most of his adult life alone. But you could try to make something he loves. Like his favourite meal." She replies.

We continue talking until the moment she has to go. After talking to her i felt a little bit better but i can't stop thinking about her suggestion. How the hell am i supposed to know about his favorite food when he barely talks to me?

As if he is God sent, Logan walks in.

"Hey, can i ask you a question?" I ask him as he's nearing me.

"Sure, but if it's anything to do with Xavier than you need to ask him yourself." He replies when he reaches me. I throw him a stink eye when i heard his reply.

"Seriously? Can't you help a girl out here?" I ask with a slight pout.

"No. Both of you need to talk to each other. I’m done being your messenger." He replies and leaves heading into the kitchen.

I'm not scared of Xavier it's just that he intimidates me to no end leaving me frozen and out of words. After giving myself a pep talk, I head upstairs to his office. Standing outside his door i take a deep breath, gather all the courage i could master and knock.

Hearing a deep baritone voice on the other side saying come in, i push the door open and gently close it. He looked so hot while sitting there with his white V-neck shirt that hugged his muscles so well. His curly hair was unruly with several strands falling on his forehead.

"What do you want?" He says without looking up for the document he was reading. Wow, what a way to diminish a girl's confidence.

"What's your favourite meal?" I ask deciding to bite the bullet. That question got him to look up from his work.

"Why are you asking?" He asked looking squarely at me.

"Ah I want-t-t to make you dinner." I cursed myself for stuttering.

“Beef Wellington.” He replies after I thought he wasn’t going to reply. Beef wellington I’m not surprised.

I left his office on my quest to start dinner. Looking through the pantry and fridge I luckily find all the ingredients that are needed. I start seasoning the beef with pepper and salt while moving to the rhythm of bad liar by Selena Gomez. I love dancing. To me dancing was an outlet from the world I lived in; a world where I’m the old one out. I’ve been dancing for my whole life starting at five and not stopping. Actually I was a dance teacher for little kids below the age of ten in my old pack before I was uprooted and brought here.

After a few hours the beef was ready to be served. I also prepared a garden salad as a side course. Just as I finish setting up the table, I see Xavier coming down the stairs. I can tell he just came from his office by the tired look his is spotting. He takes a seat at his usual place at the head of the table. I watch him conspicurasly as he chews to divulge any information on what he thinks about the food.

“Not bad.” He replies nonchantly while still stuffing his mouth. Not bad? I spent three hours trying to make this meal and all he says is not bad? I feel like throttling him right now, but I push my murderous thoughts aside and focus on the reason why I made this meal in the first place.

“Tell me about yourself.” I voice the statement that has been killing me ever since I met him. I could see him visibly tense up after hearing my request.

“Well, my name is Xavier Adams, I’m twenty five years old and I’m the alpha of Blue Moon Pack. I’ve recently found my mate; a mate I wasn’t interested in finding.” I want to bang my head on the table from what i don’t know whether it’s from his very basic information that I already know or his boring uninterested tone when replying.

“I already know that. For this to work I need to know the real you. Where you were born? Your parents and if you have any siblings. I need to know what makes you tick. But I know I have a long way to go before you can fully trust me and if it helps you can ask me questions.” I reply back.

Xavier doesn’t reply after that instead he just stares at me with his captivating hazel orbs. I wish I knew what he is thinking now.

“Did I ever tell you that you have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen? I just love how yours eyes are mainly brown but they have specks of green, blue and gold mixed into it.” I immediately slap my hand on my mouth when I realised that i voiced my admiration for his eyes at loud.

“I’m sorry for that. I probably look like a creep right now.” I say with a sheepish smile.

“Don’t be. I actually like it that someone loves my eyes. I actually hate the colour of my eyes, I always stood out because of them.” I see a resemblance of a smile on his face and just as fast as I blink it was gone. I can tell that behind the tough cold exterior Xavier puts on he is lonely and from that moment on I knew my mission. To stay and love this broken man and always be there for him.

The evening goes quite well with us bonding over our shared love of music and I actually saw a more humane side of Xavier most people haven’t seen before. But I just had to ruin it with my questions about his childhood and his parents.

“YOU KNOW NOTHING! So I suggest you close your mouth before I do it for you.” He seethes before using his super speed to exit the kitchen.

This is just great. I had to go and open my mouth when we were actually having a moment together. Now I don't think if he will ever talk to me again.

"Hey." I raise my head up from the table to see who greeted me.

"Where is Xavier, I thought you two were having dinner together." Logan asks.

"He left." I reply suddenly getting an idea. Since Logan and Xavier grew up together than I can just ask him about Xavier.

"Whatever you are thinking the answer is no." Ugh seriously. I really starting to hate these werewolves and their powers.

I spend the next ten minutes trying to convince Logan to dish out any information Xavier while he stiffed his face with food. But the guy is unnervingly loyal to him. This night has been a train wreak and I just want it to end. Better luck tomorrow was my last thought before I fell asleep.

****Share Vote Comment