Chapter 31

Dove's POV

These past few days things have gradually gone back to the way it was. Xavier and I are closer than ever and sometimes I think losing the baby was a blessing in disguise since we have learned how to communicate better with each other.

“What’s wrong?” Xavier asks as he sees me pushing around the bacon on my plate. Right now we are having breakfast but my mind is still stuck on what happened when I was kidnapped. Xavier has told me the most of what’s happened but I still feel like he’s hiding something from me, something huge.

As if luck is on my side, Logan walks in. Now I can ask him directly and hopefully get the answers that I crave.

“Can I ask you a question?” I ask him as he nears, he nods as his reply and thus I continue. “What happened to you? What happened to Olivia? Why did you change this much?”

Question after question flows out of my mouth and I feel Xavier squeezing my hand underneath the table as a sign to not keep asking questions. I mean this is why im asking them in the first place since no one would tell why this is such a taboo topic. Logan takes a sit and I’m surprised when he starts talking.

“Olivia wasn’t the person I thought I knew, you were right about her but I was blinded by our “connection” if I even can call it that. I’m sorry for everything she did to you but don’t worry she won’t do anything to harm you or Xavier again, I made sure of that.” With those words, he was done and he stood up to leave but I wasn’t done yet. What did he mean when he said that she won’t be a problem? If that bitch was still alive than I would gladly finish her off myself.

“Logan, wait.” I shout as I ran after him. He stops, releases a large breath before turning around. I’m shocked to see tears in his eyes. What did she do to him?

“What do you want me to say Dove? Do you want me say that she locked me up in silver chains or that I killed so to save you and Xavier from being burnt to death, or should I say that she broke my heart into a million pieces. The worst part is that I might never get a second chance mate and I’ll be stuck knowing the person who I’m meant to spend my life is a psycho.”

Right now Logan has tears streaming down his face and I regret pushing him to tell me. Walking towards him i gather him in my arms and give him a good squeeze. “Logan, you are a beautiful soul inside and out. The moon goddess isn’t that cruel to not give you another mate, its just a matter of time before you met her and this time she will love you and never think of hurting you; at least not intentionally.”

I could tell he didn’t believe my words but I could also tell that he needed that hug based on how tightly he hugged me back. He’s been through a lot and I feel slightly guilty for him losing his mate. He lets go and turns around to leave, watching him leave I pray that with time he heals.

***
It’s been two weeks since my talk with Logan and within those two weeks both Xavier and Logan have been acting weird. They would be whispering with each other and stop as I enter the room and when I ask they both shrug and say its nothing. Xavier has even blocked me from our mind link, if I didn’t know better I would think he’s cheating on me with Logan.

Waking up today I find Xavier’s side of the empty with a sticky note stuck on his pillow. It said to dress comfortably, no heels since we are going somewhere. My curious little mind started thinking what he meant by “going somewhere”. I really need to stop overthinking before I reach conclusions that aren’t good for either of us.

Following his instructions after bathing I wear a white long sleeved shirt which I tuck into blue faded skin jeans with black and white converse. Downstairs I find Xavier holding a wrapped sandwich in one hand and a travel mug in the other.

"We are late so I packed your breakfast for you." He says while shaving the items in my hands and dragging me outside.

Why are we in such a hurry and what are we late for? But in true Xavier fashion, he doesn't answer my questions when I ask.

After what felt like an hour of driving we finally reach a clearing, in front of us was a hot air balloon and what looked like the controller in front of it.

"Goodmorning, I'm sorry we're a bit late." Xavier says to the driver once we get out of the car.

"No worries, alpha. I hope you are ready."

I learnt that the ballon door doesn't actually open so the only to get in was Xavier carrying me over. I'm a pilot but when this balloon was rising it scared the shit out of me which made Xavier laugh like an idiot when I was gripping onto him.

Eventually I got hold of my fear and started to enjoy the ride, the view from up here was so spectacular. I was lost in the scenery that I didn't notice that Xavier wasn't beside me anymore but on his knee.

"Dove, ever since I met you my life has improved. You brought colour and happiness into my dull life even though in the beginning it was rough. I thank you for always being there even if I wasn't the easiest person to be around, thank you for loving me and giving me a chance. I never want to lose you so Camilla Dove Pierce, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

To say i'm stunned would have been an understatement. I never expected Xavier to propose since not all werewolves get married but I'm glad he did since I've always wanted to get married.

"Yes."

He slips on the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. It's a tear drop design with tiny diamonds decorating the band. Right now I realise how much I love this man even though our relationship wasn't always smooth sailing but we made it and I'm thankful for us being here, together.

We enjoy the rest of our ride entangled in each other arms while I keep staring at my magnificent ring.