Chapter 3

Dove's POV

Dad has changed drastically after the meeting between him and Alpha Adams. For starters he would yell at the pack members, a thing he never done before and lock himself all day in his office. He wouldn't join us on the family dinners saying he has something to do. The family dinner is something he created and insisted on in order to bond as a family. I decided to confront my dad due to the immense worry I felt for him.
Arriving in his office I don’t knock

"I believe you are familiar with Alpha Adams." My dad says seriously. Of course I know who alpha Adams is.

"Yes, dad I know who Alpha Adams is". I reply calmly.

"Well, my precious angel Alpha Adams is your mate and he wants you in order to offer help". 

Right now I feel as the most stupid person on this planet. Werewolves are supposed to know when they meet their mate but I just looked at mine expressionless. He must think I'm the worst and that I ignored him.

"I accept". I reply instantly.

"What?" Dad asked surprised.

"Dad I want to go and meet my mate. You know how often I dreamed about having my own mate and I don't care that if he is one of the most feared alphas out there." I say full of passion and determination.

“Sweetheart, mates are a beautiful thing to have, especially for hybrids like yourself. You are lucky that you have a mate since other hybrids don’t get that chance but love I can’t allow you to be with a monster like Alpha Adams.” Dad passionately tries to convince me but I’m persistent in my quest to be with my mate.

“Alpha Adams might be heartless but don’t forget that he is one of the best alphas out there and his pack is biggest and it has the best warriors. With their help our rogue problem can end. Plus think of the benefits when other werewolves realize that you are related to the strongest alphas in the US.” I’m glad that I took the persuasion class in university cause without the skills I gained then I doubt if I could have convinced dad.

A pregnant silence follows after my speech and if I know dad than I know he is weighing the pros and cons of what I just said. I know the risk I’m taking here by agreeing with Alpha Adams condition but for as long as I could remember I’ve wanted a mate especially when I learnt that hybrids don’t always get mates. The moon goddess has blessed me with a mate, something I’m not going to let it go to waste.

"You are right on that. But I will not risk the life of my only daughter just so our pack can be known as one of the strongest packs in America. We will find another way." Dad answers passionately. I admire my dad's optimism but these rogues aren't going away anytime soon. It’s time to change the plan.

"But da-." I didn't to finish my sentence he interrupted me.

"No Dove you aren't going to that monster because I'm not ready to lose my only daughter. Ever since you were little girl we have given you everything you could ever want but not this. You, your brother and your mother are my whole life and I'm not ready to lose any of you." Dad finishes emotionally. I guess I understand him since Alpha Adams doesn't exactly have the best reputation.

I stand up and leave without another word. I walk to my room disheartened. I don't understand how I feel since half of me wants to follow what dad said but the other half doesn't and wants to run as fast as it can to its mate.

Knowing I won’t get any peace staying at the pack house due to the chaos Alpha Adams has stirred up and continues to stir up with his stay here.

Quietly I sneak out of the house and break into a sprint in the direction of the waterfall. Arriving there I see a shadow inside the cave. Strange. I thought I was the only one who knew of this cave's existence.

I take tentative steps towards the cave's entrance all the while observing the stranger. He was wearing lose gray joggers that had elastic around his ankles, his feet are barefoot which isn't unusual considering werewolves prefer being barefoot than wearing shoes. My eyes travel again to his back and his back muscles are giving me life.

"Who are you?" I ask the beautiful stranger.

"Are you sure you don't know me? Cause I know you." He replies in a perfect masculine voice that sends chills down my body.

Then he turns around and when I see his face. My breathe is caught in my throat when I catch a glimpse of it. The man that I have been fantasizing about is no other than Alpha Xavier Adams. My mate.

"Are you sure you still don't know me, Miss Pierce?" He says with a smirk on his face.

"Now let's talk business, shall we? Will you come with me freely or by force?" Hearing him say that I snap out of my frozen state. He knows I will go with him since if we try to put up a fight our army will not stand a chance against his.

"I want to go with you on my own choice but dad does not agree."

"Who cares about that stupid man you call dad. I don't even know how he became alpha if he can't even make a simple decisions like this one". I'm flabbergasted by his choice of words but what do I expect from a guy who killed his own uncle when he was sixteen.

"He isn't stupid for trying to protect his daughter and maybe if you had a father you would realise that as well". I passionately reply defending my dad.

Suddenly his eyes change from the alluring honey brown eyes to the sinister obsidian black. In a blink of an eye he has my pinned by the neck against the wall.

"You don't know anything about him or me. So I advise you to shut your mouth or I'll shut it up for you". He replies menacingly while looking directly into my eyes.

To say I'm scared will be an understament having your mate stare at you like you are the lowest of all creatures is scary and saddening. Throw in his black eyes ominously staring at you. Than ladies and gentlemen we have a recipe for a heart attack.

Suddenly he quickly releases me like he was just burned. Regret flashes in his eyes which have returned to their normal honey brown colour but it leaves just as quickly as it came.

"Get ready we are leaving tomorrow". He says grumpily and exits without looking at me.

Tomorrow. The day that I will be leaving all my friends and family in order to protect them and to have a chance to know my mate. I hope it turns out well.

***DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT****

Love
Ria