Chapter 20

Dove's POV

After yesterday's events, one would think that their loved one will be sleeping soundly next to them and not find an empty cold space where their body should be. Well that's exactly what I found after waking up this morning.

I struggle to sit up due to currently being naked and the discomfort I feel in between my legs. Giving up I contemplate on various methods of murdering Xavier.

My thoughts were interrupted when our bedroom door opens and in he comes with a breakfast tray.

"Good moring love." He says after kissing my forehead and placing the tray on the bedside table.

He's prepared a wonderful tray consisting of Nutella sandwiches, a plate full of eggs, bacon and bread. Strawberries, a homemade latte and a pitcher of orange juice.

Everything is great and all but the smell of eggs was off-putting. And before you say anything I'm not pregnant. I've always hated the smell of eggs ever since I was little which caused my aversion to them.

"I'm going to prepare the tub for you." He says standing up after finishing our breakfast. Good thing he ate the eggs.

Coming back he carries me to the bathroom and it reminds of the time when I had the boot except this time I'm more comfortable being naked in front of him. He gently lowers me into the tub. All my muscles seem to relax after being submerged into the hot bubbly water.

"You can join me if you want." I say

"Trust me if I join than you won't be able to walk straight for a while." He says with a smirk on his face. Hearing that makes me want him even more.

~
Finishing my bath I feel refreshed and unbelievably happy. I have a mate who I love and even though we haven't said those words to each other but based on his actions I know that he feels something for me.

Finishing dressing up I finally catch the mark on the junction of my neck. Xavier's mark is two wolves laying down with one wolf leaning on the other, both looking up towards the full moon. Below the wolves the initials 'XA' were written in cursive.

Now that Xavier and I have mated and he's marked me I wonder when I get to have my very own wolf. When that happens everything will be right since that's the thing I've always wanted in my life.

But what if it doesn't work and I'm meant to be human forever. Will Xavier still want me?

My thoughts cloud my mind so much so that I didn't hear Xavier enter in the room.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I reply getting out of reverie. He gives me a look that says I don't believe you and takes a seat next to me on the bed.

"You know you can tell me anything right? But I'm not going to push if you aren't ready." He says while holding my hand.

"What if I'm meant to be human forever? What if one day you wake up and realise you want a mate who you can mind link? What if I can never mark you? What if I'm not good enough?" I whisper looking down. He lifts my chin up in between his index finger and thumb so that we are eye level.

"Camilla, I care alot about you more than I'm willing to admit and I'll gladly have you in whichever form i can. I don't care if you can mark or not. But if it that's important to you than I'll get a tattoo of how my mark should have been. I know it won't be the same but at least it's something." He says comforting me. His eyes are filled with honesty that I can't help but fall for him more.

He lifts me up and places me on his lap so that I'm straddling him. I wrap my arms around his neck and place my head in the crook of his neck. Sniffing his scent and his hands running down my back is the remedy that settles my anxiety.